TravelTalkOnline

Provisioning options

Posted By: CottageGirl

Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 05:58 PM

In the past, we've provisioned with Riteway and did so on our trip last month. Heading down again next month and wondering if there are other options for groceries delivered?
While the online ordering process at Riteway was easy, what you order and what you get are different. (had to return $70 worth of regular pop & mixers bec they subbed that instead of sugar free - we had a diabetic on board). In person they were out of a lot of things.

This trip, we're bringing a cooler of frozen foods and we're traveling with a vegetarian/dairy allergy crew member. I've put together a menu for the week taking those things into consideration.
Are there any other groceries that we can order online and have delivered to the boat? I know we'll have to make a run in for odds & ends.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by CottageGirl
In the past, we've provisioned with Riteway and did so on our trip last month. Heading down again next month and wondering if there are other options for groceries delivered?
While the online ordering process at Riteway was easy, what you order and what you get are different. (had to return $70 worth of regular pop & mixers bec they subbed that instead of sugar free - we had a diabetic on board). In person they were out of a lot of things.

This trip, we're bringing a cooler of frozen foods and we're traveling with a vegetarian/dairy allergy crew member. I've put together a menu for the week taking those things into consideration.
Are there any other groceries that we can order online and have delivered to the boat? I know we'll have to make a run in for odds & ends.

You could try Bobby's but unlikely to have a better result. I once order pepperoni and got a frozen peperoni pizza
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 06:02 PM

We ordered 5 times over the last year with Riteway - no issues and complete orders. Our order for this trip's arrival was a hot mess - half the items missing. I had to run into the mini Riteway near base (TMM) and grab what I could as we were in a race to get off the dock. BEYC had everything I was missing. Nice surprise. I've never provisioned with anyone else so can't chime in on options.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 06:07 PM

Thanks for the quick replies!
Jason - last trip I ordered 3 pizza crusts and one bag of pepperoni. Got 6 small pizza crusts, 1 large and 2 bags of pepperoni. Geez.
MIDiver - good to know about BEYC!

Looks like I'm going to have the crew tucking tortillas, snacks and other non perishables in every square inch of their luggage and packing our polar bear cooler!
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by CottageGirl

Looks like I'm going to have the crew tucking tortillas, snacks and other non perishables in every square inch of their luggage and packing our polar bear cooler!

Not a bad plan.

Jason, are the grocery stores down there looking like ours here (empty shelves) and for the same reason (transportation)?

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ndfaninnc
Jason, are the grocery stores down there looking like ours here (empty shelves) and for the same reason (transportation)?

It really depends more on the day of week you shop. Unfortunately, I have the most free time to shop on Monday's and fresh produce has not typically been restocked from the weekend. I think that's the day the container arrives but this has always been an issue.

I buy almost all my protein from Grape Expectations and haven't had supply chain issues with them.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 07:23 PM

OneMart is a good option. They communicated all substitutions via email before our charter in October to make sure we were ok with them.

Re: Provisioning options - 01/11/2022 07:30 PM

I rarely go to OneMart but they seem to have the best vegetables these days!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Provisioning options - 01/12/2022 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
We ordered 5 times over the last year with Riteway - no issues and complete orders. Our order for this trip's arrival was a hot mess - half the items missing. I had to run into the mini Riteway near base (TMM) and grab what I could as we were in a race to get off the dock. BEYC had everything I was missing. Nice surprise. I've never provisioned with anyone else so can't chime in on options.

I only looked thru windows at BEYC and they did not look fully stocked (3 days ago). Leverick Bay usually pretty well stocked.

At Mini-Riteway, some items were out of stock (sour cream, cream cheese, tonic).

On our online order, I always put "No Substitutions" as I would rather go shopping than having poor substitutions.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline