TravelTalkOnline

Current Anegada Ferries scene

Posted By: BVIslandGirl

Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/14/2022 02:08 PM

Happy Friday all!

I checked in here about a month ago re the ferries to Anegada. I see the Anegada Express schedule for Thurs, Sat, Sun on their website (hopefully up to date :-) but can't find the schedule for Smith's or RTFF for Mon, Wed, Fri. I've tried messaging with Smith's several times but not getting any replies. Any suggestions as to a reliable source for the current info? Also, do they usually run close to schedule or should we build in some "island time"? We may be taking a morning ferry from Anegada to Tortola to catch our flite to SJU so need to know what will work.

Thx folks!
GT
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/14/2022 02:39 PM

The Anegada <-> Road Town ferry alternates bi-weekly between Smith's and RTFF.

Approximate schedule:
Anegada-Road Town - MWF 8:30am, 4:30pm
Road Town -> Anegada - MWF 6:45am, 3:00pm

I recall one company might leave at 7am instead of 6:45 and lately, the 4:30 boat is more like 5:30 but once you're there, you can just ask around and the residents will know for sure!

Expect the afternoon boats to be late due to cargo loading/unloading.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/15/2022 12:54 PM

The Anegada Express ferry has not been running for the last 2 weeks. It has been very, very unreliable since it started. I would not plan a trip to Anegada based on it. A lot of people have had to do air charters or private boat charters over the past couple of weeks because they had planned to get here on it.

Jason's info on the Smith's/RTFF ferries is correct.
Posted By: Ifeltlikeagringo

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/15/2022 01:52 PM

Do Smith's/RTFF stop at Virgin Gorda on the way? We'll be land-based on Virgin Gorda in the first week of February and Wednesday seems like the perfect day to head over.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/15/2022 05:25 PM

Yes - but I would make sure you call ahead of time and let them know
Posted By: Ifeltlikeagringo

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/15/2022 11:31 PM

Thanks! I figured that might be the case.

I really can't wait--the foot of snow we're expecting tomorrow night is pretty much the last straw!

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/16/2022 04:04 AM

Oh dang! I was hoping that the Express was back on stream by now! The problem with the Smith's ferry is it only operates M, W, and F. We're hoping to do 4 nites on Anegada ... a Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat or a Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun. With the M, W, F neither of those works so we'd have to shorten it to 3 days :-(. Or ... lengthen it to 5! :-)

Anyone hear if the Anegada Beach Club is going to restart their boat? Thinking we might be able to hitch a ride in one direction with them.

Thx all!

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/17/2022 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by BVIslandGirl

Anyone hear if the Anegada Beach Club is going to restart their boat? Thinking we might be able to hitch a ride in one direction with them.

Just to be clear. The Anegada Express is the the ABC boat. It was supposed to return to service January 12, not sure if that actually happened.

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/17/2022 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

Just to be clear. The Anegada Express is the the ABC boat. It was supposed to return to service January 12, not sure if that actually happened.

Not running

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/17/2022 10:18 PM

Thanks fellows, didn't realize the Express was the ABC boat! I'll message the person I know over there and see if they have any updates. If you hear, pls let me know.

Thanks again!
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 03:43 AM

I am also watching this one. I need to get to Anegada on Sat, Jan 29th. If they don’t get the express back in service, I will need to make other plans. What options are there? Private water taxi? What flights are there from Tortola to Anegada? I guess I need to figure out my options.

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 04:41 AM

Hi TRIM :-) ...

I've just emailed the folks at Anegada Beach Club so will update here when I get their reply. I've also asked Ann at Ann's Cottages/Tipsy to provide the latest info as well. We're staying in one of her units so hopefully she knows the current scene!

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by TRIM
I am also watching this one. I need to get to Anegada on Sat, Jan 29th. If they don’t get the express back in service, I will need to make other plans. What options are there? Private water taxi? What flights are there from Tortola to Anegada? I guess I need to figure out my options.

Currently no schedule flights. VI Airlink is shut down. NorthEastern Caribbean had taken over the scheduled flights and was doing a great job at a great price, but they've halted operations too. Your only option on a Saturday is a private water taxi or chartered flight.
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 01:42 PM

Hi TRIM :-) ...

I've just emailed the folks at Anegada Beach Club so will update here when I get their reply. I've also asked Ann at Ann's Cottages/Tipsy to provide the latest info as well. We're staying in one of her units so hopefully she knows the current scene!

Watching this one too as we hope to spend some time on Anegada in April ! Praying all of this will have settled a bit by then . Enjoy my friends , can not wait to see that turquoise water again soon .
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 02:00 PM

I was just speaking with Ann about our next trip and I mentioned Anegada Express - she commented that is wasn't running with any regularity.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 02:32 PM

Last I heard, no international arrivals in Anegada either. So if you charter from SJU or STT you must stop at Beef to clear in.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 04:24 PM

One option that we did not use is Sherwin. If memory serves me correctly he will pick you up at Trellis for $500. Pretty sure that is a one way rate. His Whatsapp number is 284-547-6243.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by ndfaninnc
One option that we did not use is Sherwin. If memory serves me correctly he will pick you up at Trellis for $500. Pretty sure that is a one way rate. His Whatsapp number is 284-547-6243.

That seems like a great deal!

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/18/2022 07:48 PM

HI everyone ...

Seems like we are all eager to spend time on lovely Anegada! I just received this back from the Anegada Beach Club in answer to my question re current ferry service:

"The Anegada Express was unable to run due to some mechanical issues, it's needing some parts which has posed difficult to ship in a timely manner. The last update received was that it should be here on Thursday.

The Public ferry which alternates between Smith's & Road Town Fast ferry does operate on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from Road Town Tortola at 6:45am/3:30pm, departs from Anegada at 8:30am/5pm.

Road Town fast ferry had added a Sunday run which departs Road Town Tortola at 8am, and from Anegada at 5pm."

Great news that Sunday has been added! She states "had added" so I've asked her to confirm that it's going to be running consistently. Also asked her if she has any idea how long the repair to the Express will take once the parts are received.

Stay tuned :-) ...

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/19/2022 10:41 AM

Update ... ABC replied ...

" The Sunday Road Town Fast Ferry did advise that they'll operate the Sunday ferry in season. "

Waiting for info re the hopeful restart timing of the A Express.

:-)
Posted By: PEDCO

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/19/2022 11:10 AM

I can tell you for sure the Ferry was running on Jan.15th and Jan. 17th We followed it in on the 15th and it passed us in the channel in the 17th
Posted By: TRIM

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 01/27/2022 03:34 AM

The Anegada Express is still not repaired, so still no Saturday ferries. I ended up booking with Island Birds for a flight from Beef Island to Anegada. The price was not as bad As I expected and pretty easy to book.
Posted By: ecm56

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 02/05/2022 03:18 PM

Apparently the Anegada Express needs a new fuel pump and they are having problems obtaining it. No ETA on running again.
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 02/10/2022 05:32 PM

Anegada Express is running again.

Attached picture Screenshot_20220210-113030_Facebook.jpg
Posted By: DnDinOR

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 02/10/2022 10:17 PM

we are trying to book a ferry from Roadtown to Anegada, leaving Friday 3/4 and returning Monday 3/7. Smiths is not showing any ferry leaving on 3/4 and Roadtown is showing No Ferries Available for either week. Are we missing something or any suggestions? thanks.
Posted By: Slug

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 02/13/2022 05:18 PM

DnDinOR, are your dates set in stone for Anegada? We are two couples doing the same run as you but 1 week later 3/11 to 3/14. Considering using Sherwin ...

Re: Current Anegada Ferries scene - 02/14/2022 12:05 PM

Ferries run EVERY Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between Tortola and Anegada. We who live on Anegada rely on them.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline