TravelTalkOnline

Any recent Navigare Charter experiences?

Posted By: DonBuck

Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/14/2022 09:18 PM

We are supposed to come in this next weekend for a Navigare Charter. Any recent experiences? They seem to be dropping a lot of surprises on me lastinute and making me very suspicious of what is in store. Been bareboating the USVI and BVI since 1985. This will be #3 with Navigare.

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/14/2022 09:23 PM

What kind of surprises?
Posted By: DonBuck

Re: Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/14/2022 09:29 PM

1. I was supposed to have a sleep aboard the first night and an early departure the next day. With one week's notice, I was told they are no longer do SABs and this was right after I was billed and paid for it.

2. Delays in getting follow up responses. I had to shift my trip due to Covid from last year obviously but getting confirmations have been difficult all along unless I follow up multiple times over weeks...
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/14/2022 10:25 PM

Zero knowledge of Navigare - don't even know where their base is - but there's been a Covid spike, and resulting lack of personnel. Maybe they lack the cleaning staff to turn around the boat for a sleepaboard, as well as to respond to inquiries.
Posted By: svennn

Re: Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/21/2022 01:34 PM

We are having the same thing happen. They are still responsive on the phone but we are getting last minute changes.

The big one I have come here to ask about was they said we can no longer fish from the boat.
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/21/2022 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by svennn
We are having the same thing happen. They are still responsive on the phone but we are getting last minute changes.

The big one I have come here to ask about was they said we can no longer fish from the boat.

I'm not surprised. There is a process/cost to register and renew each vessel to allow fishing.
Posted By: hathead

Re: Any recent Navigare Charter experiences? - 01/28/2022 07:50 PM

We have chartered with Navigare 3 times, most recently December 2021. We were allowed SAB 1st night, so that must be a new thing. Our experience with them has been very positive; when I realized on the last day that the ferry wouldn't get me to the STT airport on time, the office staff bent over backwards to find me a water taxi last-minute (most taxis said no, had to be prebooked.) So, I would definitely return to Navigare. My $.02
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline