TravelTalkOnline

New USVI Testing Timelines

Posted By: MIDiver

New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 12:51 AM

As RickG reported earlier in the USVI forum timelines are changing tomorrow for testing to enter the USVI. Beginning February 2 negative tests taken 5 days prior to arrival will be required to enter the USVI. Those vaccinated in the USVI will not need a test to enter. The portal has not yet been updated. The timeline for those entering the USVI by air from international destinations remains unchanged at 24 hours per CDC guidelines.

https://usvicbs.com/news/covid-19-update-for-virgin-islanders/

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 01:24 PM

FYI - the USVI travel portal is now updated with the revised timelines.
Posted By: CottageGirl

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 03:01 PM

Obvious and perhaps stupid question, the BVI time requirement is still 48 hrs so if you're flying through STT, 48 hrs still stands?
(if you want to avoid testing at BVI customs)
Posted By: RickG

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 03:06 PM

As always, check https://usviupdate.com/ for current requirements. Currently, travel by air is one-day and travel by ferry is five-days.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 03:33 PM

Wondering what your thoughts are on my scenario…
Canadian citizen driving across the border spending a few nights in Boston then flying direct to USVI . Are we considered “ domestic “ since our flight originated from US or “international “ as we reside in Canada ?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 03:57 PM

I am 99 percent sure you would be domestic. There is no immigration checkin on arrival in STT. The only reason for the protocol changes are the US government restrictions and testing requirements for flights that originate in other countries. This would be no different than you flying from Boston to LA with the exception of the USVI requirement for the portal.
G
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 04:06 PM

That’s my interpretation also , just wanted to see what others thought .

You are all so very wise and travel savvy thanks for the collective wisdom . Appreciate this resource very much
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 04:31 PM

Rick, I think he was asking about getting into BVI and not leaving. Taking the ferry from St Thomas to BVI, having proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test 48 hours prior to arrival lets you in without taking a test at the ferry dock. Otherwise you will need to pay the $50 and have a test done.

Re: New USVI Testing Timelines - 02/02/2022 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by jagmansr
Rick, I think he was asking about getting into BVI and not leaving. Taking the ferry from St Thomas to BVI, having proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test 48 hours prior to arrival lets you in without taking a test at the ferry dock. Otherwise you will need to pay the $50 and have a test done.

Yes - that is correct - BVI requirements for entry have not changed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline