TravelTalkOnline

Covid test

Posted By: Michael Gadilhe

Covid test - 02/02/2022 09:27 PM

Just saw multiple reports that usvi no longer requires a covid test if vaccinated
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 09:30 PM

only if vaccinated IN USVI. All other require a 5-day test for domestic arrivals or international ferry arrivals. 1-day test for international air arrivals.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 09:38 PM

They have a much better vaccine available in the USVI!

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1

The BVI has Pfizer now too. Not sure I'd rush over there for J&J.

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 09:53 PM

I meant verses the US. I did not think about people coming from the BVI. Still seems like a blatant discrimination. Wish I had gotten vaxed down there. Actually could have done that. Where you got the shot seems like it should be irrelevant to travel restrictions.

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 10:01 PM

I meant verses the US. I did not think about people coming from the BVI. Still seems like a blatant discrimination. Wish I had gotten vaxed down there. Actually could have done that. Where you got the shot seems like it should be irrelevant to travel restrictions.

It has something to do with being able to electronically verify the vaccination instead of trusting a piece of paper.

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 10:44 PM

Just reread report Jason from US NEWS & WORLD report that stated the lt governor announced today that " visitors" would not be required to be tested.

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 10:49 PM

Us news misread the official change. My mistake. Rely on official government statement always
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Covid test - 02/02/2022 10:53 PM

My take on this was it was an incentive for USVIslanders to get vaccinated. They were given preferential treatment when traveling back and forth.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Covid test - 02/03/2022 12:11 AM

What vaccine does the USVI have that is better than the US? Perhaps I misread?

Re: Covid test - 02/03/2022 02:28 AM

I was joking about the better vaccine. Trying to understand the reasoning behind the USVI exemption.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Covid test - 02/03/2022 02:40 AM

I was joking about the better vaccine. Trying to understand the reasoning behind the USVI exemption.

The reasoning appears to be that they can verify USVI vaccination records but have no way of doing so for those vaccinated outside the territory.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Covid test - 02/03/2022 01:26 PM

George, I must be the only one that enjoys sarcasm.
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Covid test - 02/03/2022 02:00 PM

Nah..I love it..we need more sarcasm and laughter these days!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline