TravelTalkOnline

Ferry Tortola to Anegada

Posted By: DnDinOR

Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/11/2022 04:56 PM

We are trying to book a round ferry from Tortola to Anegada, leaving 3/4 and returning 3/7. I understand the 2 ferry services are Smiths and Roadtown, however Smiths does not show any ferry on the 4th and Roadtown ferry says no ferry service available for both weeks......are we missing something? thanks for your help.
Posted By: picaflores

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/11/2022 05:19 PM

Can't really help, but did see on Facebook today that the Anegada Express is back:

https://anegadaexpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR3vyIo-NRV_JNplN8pS_DQB8XdWun83D9z8D8Mih8bA0YfKA7o4ciFfRVo
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/11/2022 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by DnDinOR
We are trying to book a round ferry from Tortola to Anegada, leaving 3/4 and returning 3/7. I understand the 2 ferry services are Smiths and Roadtown, however Smiths does not show any ferry on the 4th and Roadtown ferry says no ferry service available for both weeks......are we missing something? thanks for your help.

They are not available online. Just show up at the dock (to the left of the ticket booths) and get on that boat.

Tip: the Friday afternoon boat is very busy with cargo for the residents. Try to take the morning boat if you can.
Posted By: LolaK

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/11/2022 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

They are not available online. Just show up at the dock (to the left of the ticket booths) and get on that boat.

Tip: the Friday afternoon boat is very busy with cargo for the residents. Try to take the morning boat if you can.

Thank you for these details, I made an account just to say thank you!

Planning to arrive on 3/7 and trying to map it all out for a week on Anegada has not been easy. We were going on 3/6 but I don't trust that the Express will be running, it seems like they are down a lot. And I read the other thread where people encouraged those going to Anegada not to count on it, so I won't. We also changed our departure day to align with the other ferries, and not the Express.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/11/2022 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by LolaK
Originally Posted by JasonHelmbrecht

Thank you for these details, I made an account just to say thank you!

Planning to arrive on 3/7 and trying to map it all out for a week on Anegada has not been easy. We were going on 3/6 but I don't trust that the Express will be running, it seems like they are down a lot. And I read the other thread where people encouraged those going to Anegada not to count on it, so I won't. We also changed our departure day to align with the other ferries, and not the Express.

That's a good call to shift dates. You can consider an air charter.
Posted By: Slug

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/12/2022 04:39 PM

Are any of the Anegada to Tortola ferries running to Trellis as opposed to RT? Also running from Anegada to Tortola, do they all run - regardless of which one - Anegada to VG first before going to Tortola?

Thx, Slug
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/12/2022 07:53 PM

The Anegada Express runs between Trellis and Anegada.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/13/2022 04:52 PM

Thx Tradewinds, do you know if it runs via Spanish Town?

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/13/2022 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Slug
Thx Tradewinds, do you know if it runs via Spanish Town?

Yes it does, but best to make a reservation.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 02:33 AM

Thanks Jason. Was actually hoping it was direct w/o a stop in VG. I requested a quote from Island Birds yesterday for travel Beef Island to Anegada return ... no reply yet.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by Slug
Thanks Jason. Was actually hoping it was direct w/o a stop in VG. I requested a quote from Island Birds yesterday for travel Beef Island to Anegada return ... no reply yet.

Did you email Island Birds? If so I suggest calling.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 02:47 PM

Island Birds took about 5 days to get back to me. Was $475 each way, non stop to Tortola. It's just the two of us, we are using the ferry.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 03:30 PM

Island Birds took about 5 days to get back to me. Was $475 each way, non stop to Tortola. It's just the two of us, we are using the ferry.

I always call island vendors. $475 for two STT to EIS? That was a deal.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver

Actually I got it wrong, it was $425 each way, just checked my email. For two, a private charter.
The route is EIS to Anegada, sorry thought we were talking about getting to Anegada from Tortola.

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver

Actually I got it wrong, it was $425 each way, just checked my email. For two, a private charter.
The route is EIS to Anegada, sorry thought we were talking about getting to Anegada from Tortola.

That makes complete sense and what I would expect for that route. My mistake on airports. Good luck in your travels!!

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 04:32 PM

Yes, I have been talking about Anegada to Tortola. And yes, I emailed Island Birds, so will try giving them a call, but I expect the price to be about the same. We are 4 people which makes the price more bearable.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/15/2022 05:12 PM

Sherwin Walcott is a decent option. $500 each way. He'll pick you up at Trellis.
Posted By: SeaGrass

Re: Ferry Tortola to Anegada - 02/16/2022 05:06 AM

What Jason said...https://anegadaexpress.com/
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline