TravelTalkOnline

Urgent - water taxi issue

Posted By: CottageGirl

Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/15/2022 10:44 PM

Long story that I’ll explain later but we have 2 people departing tomorrow. Supposed to go from scrub on shared water taxi. They don’t gave enough to fill the taxi so we’re on our own.
At Cooper tonight. We can motor over to TMM to get them to the 11 am ferry to st thomas to catch a 3pm delta flight. No checked bags.
I don’t see how to get them there for the 7 am ferry given first light. Boat does 13 knots at best.

Should I buy ferry tickets online for tomorrow’s 11am ferry? Is there an 11am ferry tomorrow? How do they get first off the boat through customs - any tricks?
Appreciate any advice?
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/15/2022 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by CottageGirl
Long story that I’ll explain later but we have 2 people departing tomorrow. Supposed to go from scrub on shared water taxi. They don’t gave enough to fill the taxi so we’re on our own.
At Cooper tonight. We can motor over to TMM to get them to the 11 am ferry to st thomas to catch a 3pm delta flight. No checked bags.
I don’t see how to get them there for the 7 am ferry given first light. Boat does 13 knots at best.

Should I buy ferry tickets online for tomorrow’s 11am ferry? Is there an 11am ferry tomorrow? How do they get first off the boat through customs - any tricks?
Appreciate any advice?

Yes, book a ferry ticket. Schedule attached.

Attached picture FebMar2022ferry.jpg
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/15/2022 11:25 PM

Appreciate any advice?

They should sit on top, back row, of ferry and get down the stairs as soon as they dock to be first in line. Also tell taxi they can’t wait for other passengers and be willing to pay for private run. With Delta they should make it, especially if they have Global Entry (with actual cards) or use a porter.

Other option maybe Island Bird flight to STT but will be pricey and you need to call now. Could deliver them to Trellis for that.

Good luck!
Posted By: CarolinaSailor

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 12:16 AM

Is this the 2:40 or 3:40 flight to Atlanta? If the latter, should not be an issue, if the earlier, would be exceptionally tight. The RTFF ferry is 11:30 am, arriving at 12:30 pm. Taxi is 10 minutes, 15 minutes max. Of course, ferry schedule doesn't always jibe with real time. Second the suggestion on telling driver to go.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 12:19 AM

Cape Air's 11:22 flight to STT from EIS is showing availability at $278/ticket.

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 12:40 AM

Thank you all! I’ve bought the ferry tickets for them and have given them all these tips. It’s the delta 3:40 flight.
We’re going to drop them at TMM and arrange a taxi from there to the ferry.
Appreciate this forum so much!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 12:44 AM

Is the flight 2:40 for 3:40 ? or other?
Is there a later option for flight?
(Delta has been very good about crediting $ from one flight to another and then booking another... even later dates.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 12:51 AM

Give Andrew a call (Tonight) so that he will know that you will be bringing them to TMM and will need a Taxi.
Call TMM Operations as you head in to TMM base...
Don't be tempted to cut the corner because there is a sandbar ... Go thru the channel.

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Deepcut
Give Andrew a call (Tonight) so that he will know that you will be bringing them to TMM and will need a Taxi.
Call TMM Operations as you head in to TMM base...
Don't be tempted to cut the corner because there is a sandbar ... Go thru the channel.

Second every bit of this.

Also - they should not try and cut it close for ferry departure. They want to be some of the first boarding to get easy exit seats. The ferry check in line can be slow.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 07:38 PM

If you don't have Global Entry and are checking bags at the airport have one person get in line with bags and the other get in the customs/immigration line.

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 08:13 PM

Kids made it fine! They were through customs by 2pm for a 3:40 departure.
Makes me feel better about sending the next 2 kids off Friday with the same
Routine.
(They texted that red coats/caps were only if you were checking bags)

Now I just have to figure out getting us off Scrub on Monday for a 2:40
Delta departure …..
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 08:23 PM

Have you checked Cape Air? By the time you pay for taxis, ferry and departure tax, I bet it's not much more money.
Posted By: Sandsailsun

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 09:26 PM

Routine.

Delta departure …..

Things we do for our kids eh?… wouldn’t trade it for the world …enjoy your relaxed few days

Re: Urgent - water taxi issue - 02/16/2022 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sandsailsun
Routine.

Delta departure …..

Things we do for our kids eh?… wouldn’t trade it for the world …enjoy your relaxed few days

Isn’t that the truth Sandsailsun? I put mine on a water taxi from JVD to St Thomas last month. They got the royal treatment this trip as we didn’t want to go back to Roadtown for the ferry. Island Time is a gem operation - took great care of them.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline