TravelTalkOnline

Transfer to Silver Air in SJU

Posted By: Jerseyshoregal

Transfer to Silver Air in SJU - 03/21/2022 06:13 PM

Hi to the friendly Traveltalk folks,

We are traveling next week from EWR to EIS, through SJU. I booked EWR --> SJU on United frequent flier miles, and so I had to book separately on Silver Air from SJU --> EIS. We are NOT checking bags, however our connection time is pretty tight in SJU at 1 hour, 45 mins.

Will we make it? I did this to save a few bucks, but now I'm stressing it....

Also, will they check our Covid papers in EWR or SJU, or both?

Thanks!
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Transfer to Silver Air in SJU - 03/21/2022 06:30 PM

With no checked bags that is more than enough time to get to Silver. I flew via AA. My papers were only checked in SJU and EIS. Enjoy your trip!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Transfer to Silver Air in SJU - 03/21/2022 06:35 PM

You will not even need to leave the terminal. Just go directly from your United Gate to the Silver gate (D concourse I think). You only need about 30 minutes, max!
Posted By: JasonHelmbrecht

Re: Transfer to Silver Air in SJU - 03/21/2022 06:40 PM

Based on my last trip, United is the weak link in this trip. I was 14 hours late 2 weeks ago, had to buy a hotel in SJU, and reschedule a charter flight. As long as they don't screw you up, it should be fine.
Posted By: Jerseyshoregal

Re: Transfer to Silver Air in SJU - 03/21/2022 06:51 PM

Thanks so much - so we won't have to go through security in SJU? I purchased the legs separately - we won't be checked through. (I did PM you as well.) Thank you!
Posted By: ohstate

Re: Transfer to Silver Air in SJU - 03/22/2022 01:08 AM

They will check your documents at SJU. Just be sure to check in at the gate. When we flew we had checked bags so it was more complicated as we had to pick up our checked luggage, transit to the ticket counters, check in with silver, then through security again, then back to the pit of despair (gate D). Folks who skipped that process and went gate to gate because they only had carry on luggage still needed to check in at the gateā€¦ Silver checked documents for the correct markings indicating that you had presented your documents. Some people neglected to check in at the gate thinking their boarding passes were enough but they were held up until they showed their documents.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline