TravelTalkOnline

Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9)

Posted By: Jerseyshoregal

Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/23/2022 03:34 PM

Hi again,

We will be staying at Scrub Island April 3-9. My fourth trip (last trip was in 2007), and my fiance's first time. This trip is a long time coming since we had it booked for April 2020, and well, you all know what happened there....

A few questions for the group.

First, I'm looking for a private day charter -- with captain -- to get out and experience White Bay, Great Bay, and possibly the Bight if there's time (yes, the touristy bars). Would just be the two of us on board, so a smaller boat is fine. All day charter. Any recommendations, and any idea on cost? (I've tried getting the Scrub concierge a few times but no answer/they don't call back. Also I am thinking I may do better price wise if I shop around.)

Second, we want to do a day trip to Cane Garden Bay - I am thinking the hotel's shuttle to Trellis and then a taxi - is this a decent plan? How much would the taxi be?

Third, I've heard that the restaurants at Scrub are only so-so. Any suggestions for other easy(ish) to get to restaurants on Trellis and Tortola? We'd maybe enjoy one fancier dinner - thinking Sugar Mill? Again we'd have to rely on the shuttle and taxis, so advice on that end would be helpful too.

Finally, any other recommendations for getting out from Scrub to see more of the BVI - 2 of my prior trips were sailing charters, so the idea of being "stuck" at a resort is not as appealing.

Thanks to all in advance - much appreciate this group's insightful comments and friendliness!!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/23/2022 04:08 PM

Highly recommend The Sugar Mill, especially for a dinner, but not sure how you would get back to Scrub..one night at The Mill maybe? You aslo seem to be trying to jam an awful lot into a few days..
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/23/2022 04:14 PM

The Loose Mongoose and Marche at Trellis are both very good.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/23/2022 06:14 PM

Brandywine is closer than Sugar Mill and also very good.
Posted By: DiveBVI

Re: Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/23/2022 06:43 PM

Dive BVI is on-site at Scrub Island Resort.

We have private and join-in charters from our location there. Email info@divebvi.com for more details.

You're gonna enjoy yourselves at Scrub Island! If you are comfortable driving in BVI, you could rent a car for the day and explore Tortola on your own schedule.

Cheers,
Posted By: LolaK

Re: Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/24/2022 01:16 AM

Highly recommend Sim for a taxi, he is great! Got his details on FB months ago, saved it down, and he took good care of us two weeks back.

I contacted him on Whats App - 284 544 9980

We were not comfortable driving on the hills and he was always timely!
Posted By: Jerseyshoregal

Re: Questions for Trip (Apr 3-9) - 03/24/2022 01:30 PM

Great, thank you, will do!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline