TravelTalkOnline

Fat Hog Moorings

Posted By: Jon Resnick

Fat Hog Moorings - 03/26/2022 08:33 PM

Hi all. Trying to get clarity on the status of mooring balls in Fat Hog. Scott guide info seems a little dated. Need to pick up ice and do a little secondary provisioning (ice, drinking water, cookies, etc. Thinking Riteway Eastend). We’re also doing dinner at Brandywine tomorrow evening. Are the balls there open to transients? If so should we do the provisioning and just cab to Brandywine for dinner or just load up and head over there? Any wisdom appreciated.
Posted By: captmoby

Re: Fat Hog Moorings - 03/29/2022 12:39 AM

They are open to transients. Might as well just stay there and cab your way over.
Posted By: Chaseec

Re: Fat Hog Moorings - 04/19/2022 04:04 AM

Hi Jon,

I'm probably too late on this, but I was following your thread because I thought it was a great idea. I was there two weeks ago and did exactly as you were considering. There were plenty of open mooring balls there. They don't look to be super well maintained, but they function fine for a stop. We took the dinghy over to the Riteway. It has a sign facing the water. We tied our dinghy off to the side because we didn't want it to slam around too much. The Riteway there is smallish, but good enough for the basics you mention.

It was all smooth and easy. We will do it again next time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline