TravelTalkOnline

Tortola provisioning - help!

Posted By: AlwaysSummer

Tortola provisioning - help! - 03/29/2022 02:24 AM

Please help! We're returning 4/15 for our first charter since 2015. Last time I provisioned a boat for 8 there were handy split provisioning options with easy meal selections. It looks like those tools are gone and everything is ala carte ordering. Does anyone have a list to share for a week trip with 3-4 couples? I need a place to start!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Tortola provisioning - help! - 03/29/2022 10:41 AM

Some of the charter companies have "lists" to prompt /guide you.

1st: come up with meal plan. for instance, breakfast may be cereal, english muffins, bagels, eggs& bacon (usually not all on the same day...

Once you have menu, go thru each one to make sure incidents are there. (cereal + milk, bagel + Cream Cheese/ butter etc) . Coffee with sugar/ sweetener, OJ for breakfast? Hamburgers with condiments, chips, etc.

For those requiring a small amount spices, bring these from home, possibly in small ziplock bag (medication size ??)

Determine how many meals you plan to eat out ( we usually do 2-3 per week ). Depending on base facilities, eating simple meal on board is great after long day of travel (vs taxi ride to/ from restaurant, as some are not safely walkable .

Don't forget things you need to clean with such as dish soap, paper towels, trash bags and bags for the head.

We assign one couple for each night to plan the meals and they can then verify ingredients both before the trip and also once provisions are delivered.

I will try to find one of our previous trip menus and post.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Tortola provisioning - help! - 03/29/2022 11:40 AM

What company are you chartering with and what company are you provisioning with?
Posted By: AlwaysSummer

Re: Tortola provisioning - help! - 04/04/2022 01:54 AM

Thank you. Great ideas. We're chartering with the Moorings. Their direct provisioning site is basically ala carte. We made a menu for breakfasts and lunches and powered through the list. Just took so much longer than in the past when you could select number of people and days and meal options would be narrowed down. Wish that would come back!
Posted By: jagmansr

Re: Tortola provisioning - help! - 04/04/2022 11:54 AM

Just wondering, has the Moorings confirmed they have a boat for you?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Tortola provisioning - help! - 04/04/2022 12:39 PM

I believe at this point the Moorings is fully up and running. For those that lost charters they covered every expense incurred with generous future booking options. The BVI is however really booked. Get your Ferry reservations ect early.
G
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline