TravelTalkOnline

Lots of Boats Out

Posted By: MIDiver

Lots of Boats Out - 04/08/2022 11:32 AM

Left JVD this morning at 7 - more boats here than I have seen since the pandemic began (6 trips). Counted 42 masts in Great Harbor and couldn’t count the power cats nestled in there, 20 boats in Little Harbor - White Bay was packed with boats anchored everywhere overnight.

Been seeing an increase in Moorings boats out since we arrived 3/27 - lots of Dream Yacht boats out now too.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Lots of Boats Out - 04/08/2022 11:41 AM

It’s a very strong season. The Moorings had exceeded their planned bookings for the year long ago. Lots of pent up demand. I hope the BVI government decided to fix all the national park balks. Many are missing and others in terrible shape.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Lots of Boats Out - 04/08/2022 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
It’s a very strong season. The Moorings had exceeded their planned bookings for the year long ago. Lots of pent up demand. I hope the BVI government decided to fix all the national park balks. Many are missing and others in terrible shape.

Agree about those mooring balls George.
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Lots of Boats Out - 04/08/2022 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
Originally Posted by GeorgeC1

Agree about those mooring balls George.

I was really disappointed this trip to get to Great Harbour JVD and see that many of the white balls were missing and it seemed like more of the balls that were there were Boatyballs since the last visit in November. Couldn't get the hook to grab without dragging, so moved on. Rookie crew, and some wanted to see Foxy's. Maybe next time.

Definitely a lot of boats around last week when we were there! Good and bad, I guess...
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline