TravelTalkOnline

Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump

Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/27/2022 05:25 PM

Hey everyone quick question.

I am flying out on Tuesday, August 9th. Have to take the 7:30am Road Town to Charlotte Amalie ferry, but my flight from STT on is not until 2:35pm.

Anybody got good recommendations for a breakfast spot walking distance from Charlotte Amalie ferry terminal other than Petite Pump and French Deli?
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/27/2022 05:42 PM

Jump a cab to the Emerald Beach Resort..nice beachfront breakfast there and you can walk to the terminal..
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 12:17 PM

I second EBR. Great breakfast stop and as Mal said, very close to the airport.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 01:22 PM

Gladys' Cafe and Bumpa's are walkable.Tickles at Crown Bay is good too, but requires a drive or a long walk.

Cheers, RickG

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 01:32 PM

Agree..had good breakfasts at Bumpa's...but nice to be on the beach at Emerald Beach and close to the airrport...less than a mile walk if you dont have heavy bags or short cab ride..I also find the staff at The Emerald Beach very welcoming..one waitress was born and raised on VG.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 02:49 PM

I would just take the short walk over to Gladys' . They are in a bigger space now so no worries getting a table. Food is really good and they are always welcoming!
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Manpot
Agree..had good breakfasts at Bumpa's...but nice to be on the beach at Emerald Beach and close to the airrport...less than a mile walk if you dont have heavy bags or short cab ride..I also find the staff at The Emerald Beach very welcoming..one waitress was born and raised on VG.

FYI. The short cab ride cost 2 of us $25 with bags last November. It was literally under 2 minutes. lol
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by skipdastraw
I would just take the short walk over to Gladys' . They are in a bigger space now so no worries getting a table. Food is really good and they are always welcoming!

Awesome thanks guys. I'm either gonna do Emerald or Gladys'.

Where is Gladys' relative to ferry terminal?
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 08:16 PM

We have always liked the Green House while waiting for the ferry. About a 10 minute walk down the waterfront.
G
Posted By: Kmon

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/28/2022 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by VirginGordaResident
Originally Posted by skipdastraw

Awesome thanks guys. I'm either gonna do Emerald or Gladys'.

Where is Gladys' relative to ferry terminal?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gladys'+Café/@18.3392379,-64.9453379,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xbdc530f8d4e8c014!8m2!3d18.3407139!4d-64.9326795
Posted By: Time Will Tell

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/29/2022 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeC1
We have always liked the Green House while waiting for the ferry. About a 10 minute walk down the waterfront.
G

I was going to suggest them because I have always enjoyed the food and the view, but I didn't mention them since they only open at 11am - figured the timing with their schedule didn't work out. Now if they offered breakfast.....

Keep Smiling!!!

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/29/2022 01:44 PM

An added bonus for Emerald Beach..full bar..you can get a Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast!!
Posted By: RickG

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/29/2022 01:52 PM

Gladys' - you cross the street and turn right (east). 5600 Royal Dane Mall, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands 00802, the second left after the Greenhouse. Bumpa's is a bit further.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: SV Absolutely

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 07/31/2022 05:05 PM

Bumpa’s

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 08/01/2022 11:46 AM

A side note on this from St Thomas before I head to the aiport. I had another great dinner last night at The French Quarter Bistro in Charlotte Amalie's Frenchtown and a great Margarita at The Greenhouse . Although I couldnt get a room there had a great afternoon at The Emerald Beach with drinks courtesy of Tyler.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Places to eat St. Thomas other than Petite Pump - 08/01/2022 12:23 PM

Safe travels.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline