TravelTalkOnline

Jan Trip questions

Posted By: Alex Corbishley

Jan Trip questions - 10/22/2022 11:14 PM

Hello All,

We are headed down to the BVI again mid January. I led a trip last year at the same time and it was fabulous. This year we will have 3 or 4 catamarans and between 24 and 30 people.

We are looking to mix up our itinerary to spend 2 days at Anegada. Thinking first night (Sat) at dock as usual, leaving Sunday am and heading to Cooper / Indians for lunch and then Marina Key for the evening. Then up to Anegada for Monday and Tuesday. My questions - is everything open there on Monday and Tuesday? Will this strategy work to get there when it’s less crowded?

Thanks!
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/22/2022 11:28 PM

Monday and Tuesday are busier days at Anegada. Everything should be open.
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/25/2022 07:29 PM

24- 30 people I cant imagine the herding of cats involved rofl
Maybe reach out to some of the restaurants a day ahead of your departure from Marina Cay and give them a heads up, you may all be able to dine together if that's what youre looking for. Also are you on Facebook at all? A lot of the restaurants post there and are responsive to inquiries, Good luck!

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/26/2022 12:58 AM

Yes, Laura it isn’t easy to get everything & everybody together, but it’s worth it. I’m glad this is our second time there. I am on FB and follow the BVI group. Any strong recommendations for Anegada restaurants? We had lobsters at Wonky last time and it was good, but just 12 of us. This trip will be 24.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/26/2022 02:44 AM

Just curious what your travel dates are.
Posted By: ndfaninnc

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/26/2022 12:50 PM

Alex, with a crowd that size I am sure most on Anegada would accommodate you all. However, I strongly recommend reaching out a day or two in advance.

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/26/2022 01:33 PM

Jan 14 to Jan 22.

We really would like to optimize the time at Anegada and will likely stay 2 nights. Which would be the best days to target?
Posted By: cwoody

Re: Jan Trip questions - 10/26/2022 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Corbishley
Hello All,

This year we will have 3 or 4 catamarans and between 24 and 30 people.

Thanks!

Alex,
My first trip to BVI in 1990 ( I was 36) , we had three Moorings 50 foot monos with 28 crew. It was a blast.
All the places we stopped were more than willing to accommodate us. By mid-week the coconut telegraph was working, and the bar/restaurant owners were looking forward to our arrival....$$$.
Trips like that create a lifetime of memories. Have fun!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline