TravelTalkOnline

Water taxi international fees

Posted By: Timeless38

Water taxi international fees - 10/27/2022 09:06 PM

we are needing to do a water taxi for our BVI return to St. Thomas in order to catch a flight and not spend our last night on the dock. Both companies have quoted a cash payment for "international processing fees" to be paid in cash to the captain. Is that to get us back into the US? Although we were in the BVI's in 2020 right as COVID rolled out, I cannot remember. I would rather not double-pay for the customs. Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Water taxi international fees - 10/27/2022 11:39 PM

Yes, that is the fee charged for the customs fees and clearance into the US. We have been quoted $75 each way per person on our recent and upcoming trips. Cash tip additional.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Water taxi international fees - 10/28/2022 12:08 AM

There are no customs fees to come back into the USVI. It’s the water taxi charging to help you clear customs. A junk fee in most terms.

Re: Water taxi international fees - 10/28/2022 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Timeless38
we are needing to do a water taxi for our BVI return to St. Thomas in order to catch a flight and not spend our last night on the dock. Both companies have quoted a cash payment for "international processing fees" to be paid in cash to the captain. Is that to get us back into the US? Although we were in the BVI's in 2020 right as COVID rolled out, I cannot remember. I would rather not double-pay for the customs. Any info is appreciated.

There is now a 10 am ferry option. Depending on who you are chartering with and if you need to fuel the boat you should be able to make that ferry.
Posted By: Timeless38

Re: Water taxi international fees - 10/28/2022 08:36 PM

Our flight leaves at 1:00. Seems too close for comfort

Re: Water taxi international fees - 10/29/2022 10:14 AM

That’s to close. Water taxi is your best option.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline