TravelTalkOnline

Excursions

Posted By: SoCalGal

Excursions - 12/02/2022 07:10 PM

We have been to BVI several times but never really done an "excursion". We will be sailing for 7 days in April hitting the most usual stops. Any suggestions on excursions ie: ATV, hikes etc? Also, best places to snorkel.

Thank you
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Excursions - 12/02/2022 08:59 PM

Other than renting a car and exploring VG, Tort or Anegada, there’s a zip line company at the top of Tort (or was a couple of years ago when we did it). There are a few hiking trails around. Others may have more.
Posted By: capecodfishman

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 12:04 AM

did the ziplinene last March. great views & great people.recommend it.
Posted By: skipdastraw

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 02:27 AM

I would highly recommend the Necker Island tour!

Also-
99 steps hike VG
Horseshoe reef/conch island tour
Callwood Distillery tour and tasting
Posted By: Husker

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 03:10 PM

I second the Hourseshoe reef tour. We've only done it twice (its a little expensive), but it has been by far the highlight of the trip both times. If you are lucky you may even see the flock of flamingos.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 04:54 PM

Hoesrehoe snorkel Tour is well worth the price of admission...we use Kelly and have done it 5 times. Sherwin also does it.

We have done Necker tour with Gumption who is great as well which is expensive but was worth it. Having said that Gumption had an issue with Moorings and a boat damaging his boat and has currently banned Mooring guests. I dont agree with Moorings and how they handled that situation from the 1 side of it I have seen and totally dont agree with Gumption banning guests from Moorings in the hopes it will pressure Moorings to do more for him...
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by bailau
Hoesrehoe snorkel Tour is well worth the price of admission...we use Kelly and have done it 5 times. Sherwin also does it.

We have done Necker tour with Gumption who is great as well which is expensive but was worth it. Having said that Gumption had an issue with Moorings and a boat damaging his boat and has currently banned Mooring guests. I dont agree with Moorings and how they handled that situation from the 1 side of it I have seen and totally dont agree with Gumption banning guests from Moorings in the hopes it will pressure Moorings to do more for him...

I feel the same way bailau, I'm sure Gumption has a legit grievance, and I sympathize with his motivation, but I have nothing to do with it, and declaring me an unwelcome customer just guarantees that I will now never use his services.
Posted By: Lexington14

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 06:26 PM

A bit off the subject but if anyone has booked a Necker tour with Gumption that included transportation I strongly advise you to contact him to see if his boat has been repaired. We had two separate tours booked in November and had a difficult time reaching him to confirm only to find out the night before the first trip that his boat was not operable.
Posted By: bailau

Re: Excursions - 12/03/2022 09:37 PM

Yes to transportation...the back office for Gumption is disorganized and we didnt know what would happen untill right before time to go and this was before the boat incident. As we were at Leverick we had a Plan B to get there. He should probably focus on his back office as opposed to battle with Moorings which like MrEZGoin will cause us to not use him nor recommend him going forward. The boat has been repaired apparently.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline