TravelTalkOnline

Ferry/customs schedule question

Posted By: GettinBye

Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 03:28 PM

Friend is heading from VG to catch a 3:30 flight from STT. Carry on luggage. If he took the 10 AM to RT and the 11:30 to CA, does he clear customs at the ferry dock then again at the airport? I forget how this works. It's a Monday so I'm hoping I'm ok w this scenario? I can arrange taxi ahead of time to airport if that makes any difference. Thank you
Posted By: IWIWSE

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 03:38 PM

He would clear at the ferry dock and at the airport
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 04:39 PM

What day of the week? Weekends the airport is a zoo. Especially at the time he will be arriving.

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 04:40 PM

It's a monday 1/30/24.

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 04:42 PM

I wish there was a forum specific geared toward people looking to share rides/ flights. My son's college does this with so much success. Just sayin. :-) It would make solo travelers or small group travel easier and cheaper.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 04:58 PM

There doesn’t seem to be that much need in TTOL for that. Would be a good FB group but then someone would need to administer it and that is a CHORE.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 06:20 PM

I would try and get him on the 10:00 ferry. If that’s not a option it will be bit tight. Carryon only is a big help as well as global entry. The ferry will probably dock at 12:45. Out of customs at 1:15 and arrive at airport about 1:30 to 1:45. 1:45 will work assuming it goes well. Make certain he checks in online. As bad as the airport can be with carryon only it has never taken me more than a hour to run the gauntlet! I do however have precheck and global.
G
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 06:23 PM

One solution is simply to fly into Beef Island. Then you grab a taxi to Tortola or a ferry to Virgin Gorda - they run all day and evening.

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 06:25 PM

Thanks all. Ugh. It’s so complicated to/from VG. I have quotes out to water taxis for our big groups. But solo travelers have to do the hard work. Tho I realize this sounds absurdly first world brattish. “Hmmmm. How to most easily get home from my paradise vacation “. 🤣🤣

Re: Ferry/customs schedule question - 12/16/2022 06:26 PM

The flights were booked forever ago. And STT TO EIS timings don’t work. Thanks tho! It’ll all work out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline