TravelTalkOnline

Crewed charter recommendation?

Posted By: jessica12

Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 01:39 PM

Hello, I’m looking for recommendations for a crewed charter in June for 5 people. 9-10 days ideally starting and ending usvi with most time spent in bvi. Recently returned from a bvi crewed charter with moorings, terrible, looking for other options. Thank you!
Posted By: Rush

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 03:29 PM

I would check with Waypoints (previously CYOA). Great company and nice boats and just a 7 minute ride from the St. Thomas airport to base. We have only bareboated with them, but I expect they could do a fully crewed charter. Optionally &Beyond focuses on crewed charters. I have not chartered with them, but like what I have heard initially. Now that chartered boats can freely go back an forth between USVI and BVI, I think it is a fun option to mix it up.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jessica12
Hello, I’m looking for recommendations for a crewed charter in June for 5 people. 9-10 days ideally starting and ending usvi with most time spent in bvi. Recently returned from a bvi crewed charter with moorings, terrible, looking for other options. Thank you!

Hi Jessica, I saw your tripadvisor report. Was this really a Moorings crewed boat as opposed to a hired skipper and cook? Didn't sound like they were regulars on the boat or competent for that matter. Most crews are couples so they can share a cabin.
Posted By: Husker

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 03:37 PM

Sorry to hear this, Jessica. I just PM'd you.

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 05:22 PM

Yes, we booked a crewed vacation, not an add on skipper and cook. But they gave us a captain who was normally a hired skipper and a cook from a local restaurant who had never worked on a boat before. Obvious staffing issues. Customer service was awful. I know there are great crews out there! Hoping to find one for our next trip😀

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 05:23 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/09/2023 05:59 PM

We chartered with https://sailthedream.com/about/ on their former boat and it was fantastic. I just saw your June request. They might be back in NE by then but I am sure they would give you an excellent recommendation if they aren't in the BVIs.
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/10/2023 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by jessica12
Hello, I’m looking for recommendations for a crewed charter!

I have a bareboat in BVI (Actually my 2nd). Fully crewed is usually different. Not just putting a captain and a cook onboard.

I would suggest if you want captain and a cook, go Fully Crewed. Charter Caribe would be a great choice as well as "Chaos Interrupted", operated by Vince and Judy Price, and their dog Jake.
Posted By: Sojourning

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/10/2023 11:52 AM

Hi Jessica, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. You definitely should consider a well established company that is specifically a crewed charter operation (Waypoints does not offer crewed charter on their boats - they are strictly a bareboat company). As Wes stated, Charter Caribe would be a great option but I can also introduce you to other options as well. If you send me a private message with your email address, I'll put together a couple of quotes for you. I'll need to know your dates, number of cabins you'll need and any particular desires/needs. Look forward to helping!
Posted By: warren460

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/11/2023 01:46 PM

Hi Jessica, Charter Caribe runs a great operation out of Redhook on St Thomas. They only offer crewed charters with a qualified captain and a chef. The boats are exceptionally well equipped. Charter Caribe manages our boat, it’s a lagoon 50. She has all the toys on board including a dive compressor. Our captain is a dive instructor. Check out reviews on our crew and on others. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out.
Posted By: Mlheyns

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/11/2023 04:31 PM

Hi Jessica.
We specialize in luxury crewed catamaran charters. Please feel free to reach out.

removed the advertising link
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/11/2023 06:01 PM

Question for Carol - is it ok to “advertise” in responses?
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/11/2023 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by MIDiver
Question for Carol - is it ok to “advertise” in responses?

No it is not ok. We have been exceptionally lenient with ads, etc. because of the island lock downs and covid. But is has been taken advantage of.

I am in the process of getting all of the advertising invoices out for 2023 shortly.
Posted By: Capt Ken

Re: Crewed charter recommendation? - 01/16/2023 07:21 PM

Try MarineMax Vacations - ask for Tammy - they are introducing brand new Aquila power cats - very luxurious king sized primary and 3 queen guest suites, and some dates lower priced than Bareboat. Fully crewed, all-inclusive with full time liveaboard crews.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline