TravelTalkOnline

Good food close to Moorings

Posted By: steve74

Good food close to Moorings - 04/16/2023 09:42 PM

Hi everyone! We are headed down in June, and we always struggle with food our first night. We are doing a sleep aboard, and one of our buddies from the Moorings will be eating with us. Of course, we can eat at the base in one of the restaurants, but I’m wondering if there’s a place with really good takeout food that’s close. Or, we could walk if there’s a close restaurant that is much better than the Moorings options. Any thoughts are much appreciated!
Posted By: Manpot

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/16/2023 10:14 PM

I like Capriccio opposite the ferry dock for good pasta and pizza..
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/16/2023 10:49 PM

I always jump into the dinghy and go across the harbor to Village Cay. There is a dinghy dock on the south end. You can dine right at Village Cay on the water or walk to Pussers or Capriccio. If you want a great meal it’s a short cab ride to Brandywine bay.
Posted By: steve74

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/17/2023 12:37 AM

Thank you Malcolm and George!
Posted By: Deepcut

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/17/2023 01:53 AM

I believe Gene and Robin provide complimentary transportation to charter guests dining with them at Gene's Bar and Grill. Very good food and great people.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/17/2023 02:33 AM

Yes, Robin bought a bus and will provide complimentary transportation to the nearby marinas.

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/17/2023 03:02 AM

Indeed..forgot that great option..great food ..great folks...

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/17/2023 03:03 AM

Indeed..forgot that great option..great food ..great folks...
Posted By: marisol

Re: Good food close to Moorings - 04/17/2023 07:30 PM

We walked to the Tortola Sports Club from BVI Yacht Charters one night for dinner. It was recommended by someone at the base. We had never heard of it. The menu was varied and tasty. No taxi needed! A pleasant surprise.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline