TravelTalkOnline

Outboard Cover

Posted By: Husker

Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 04:29 PM

I'm in need of a cover for my outboard. Any recommendations for local Tortola source from the TTOL crew?
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 05:13 PM

We get all our boat covers made in the US, where they have patterns for most boats and engines. Getting anything custom made in the BVI is expensive, and they don't always have Sunbrella.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 05:13 PM

Do you mean a cloth/sunbrella cover, or the hard engine cover? I know that Lincoln in Nanny Cay had some used outboard tops - but they are all fitted to a specific engine make/model.

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 05:21 PM

The cloth/sunbrella type.

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by RatmansWife
We get all our boat covers made in the US, where they have patterns for most boats and engines. Getting anything custom made in the BVI is expensive, and they don't always have Sunbrella.

Thanks RW. Can you refer me to a vendor? Its for a Tomatsu 25HP.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 05:51 PM

Most recently Carver. In our experience, only Sunbrella holds up to the climate.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 05:56 PM

I agree that the BVI is not the place to have this handmade. I've used Quantum to make bespoke BBQ-Covers and winch covers. They do a good and quick job, but they are not cheap.

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/03/2023 07:16 PM

I'll chase those down. I have a West Marine near me, I'll check there as well. Thanks Z and RW!
Posted By: Jeannius

Re: Outboard Cover - 07/04/2023 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Husker
I'm in need of a cover for my outboard. Any recommendations for local Tortola source from the TTOL crew?
Used to get all my stuff done at Doyle Sailmakers over at Road Reef, above TMM.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline