TravelTalkOnline

Virus on Traveltalk

Posted By: tpcook

Virus on Traveltalk - 12/28/2023 03:04 PM

My computer is showing there is a virus on Traveltalk.
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/28/2023 03:42 PM

You mean an app on your computer? What are you seeing?
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/28/2023 04:25 PM

I use several virus and malware scanners and see nothing on TTOL. What "virus" is it showing?
Posted By: tpcook

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/30/2023 02:40 PM

I am using Chrome on a laptop protected with Avast which is telling me that traveltalk is infected with HTML.Redirector-JH [tri]
Posted By: LauraTheTshirtGal

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/30/2023 06:11 PM

My computer is telling me I'm infected with DIF from reading all these posts jester
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/30/2023 06:22 PM

That is a redirector trojan, and I don't detect it here. When you get the message, does it tell you which part of the page contains malicious code? Also, if the connection in your browser remains using "https" and the URL starts with "traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads" you are still in the right place on the web.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/30/2023 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Zanshin
That is a redirector trojan, and I don't detect it here. When you get the message, does it tell you which part of the page contains malicious code? Also, if the connection in your browser remains using "https" and the URL starts with "traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads" you are still in the right place on the web.

It's possible that his DNS configuration has been compromised.
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Virus on Traveltalk - 12/31/2023 02:02 PM

It is not a virus.

It is avast/avg not liking the banner code. Which sorta is a redirect because it takes you to the sponsors home page if you click on it. Just started happening with avast/avg in the last two weeks.

May have to change how the banners are displayed.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline