TravelTalkOnline

Liat is bust

Posted By: tpcook

Liat is bust - 01/09/2024 06:12 PM

Liat has announced that as of Jan 24, Liat will go out of business after 67 years. it has been struggling for years.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Liat is bust - 01/09/2024 06:15 PM

Too bad. Here is a link.

Link
Posted By: Fitzhughlaw

Re: Liat is bust - 01/09/2024 08:24 PM

Here's the only part of the PR that you need to read in order to understand what happened here: "operating under Caribbean government ownership... ." Plagued by relentless unreliability of meeting its schedule (if you want to be charitable call it that), like BVI Airways that lost millions of dollars without its sole aircraft ever flying a single nautical or statute mile, it's a lesson some never seem to learn.

I feel badly for the line and ramp workers, who as per the usual, are bearing the brunt of management's incompetence.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: Liat is bust - 01/09/2024 08:50 PM

Appropriate time to repost this -

Attached picture liat.jpg
Posted By: tothedogs

Re: Liat is bust - 01/09/2024 09:50 PM

I once had an 9:00 AM non stop from St. Vincent to Barbados on them. This is normally less than an hour. I remember wondering what we were going to do with our day in Barbados-silly me. Liat took care of that for us.
Almost eight hours later after mystery stops in St. Lucia and Martinique we made it to BGI with seconds to spare before our 5:00 PM.flight. The bags were another story.. Had a nice 30 second view of the Pitons on the way to SLU though.

Good riddance.
Posted By: Kegoangoango

Re: Liat is bust - 01/10/2024 04:32 PM

I feel badly for the line and ramp workers, who as per the usual, are bearing the brunt of management'sGOVERNMENT's incompetence.

I fixed it for you.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Liat is bust - 01/10/2024 05:12 PM

I have only had one LIAT flight that was on time, and have travelled with them quite a bit up and down the island chain. Unfortunately that "on time" flight from SXM-ANU was marred because it took an hour to get my bag (and those who know the BVI airport understand, since the luggage is placed on a pickup at the airplane and carted 100-200 yards to the single conveyor belt...). I've flown on shoestring operations in various African countries and in Asia and all of those have been better than LIAT. I wonder how a "restructured" LIAT could be different in a positive way?
Posted By: Fitzhughlaw

Re: Liat is bust - 01/10/2024 10:12 PM

typing wave
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline