TravelTalkOnline

Marina Cay Bar & Grill

Posted By: Shifty

Marina Cay Bar & Grill - 01/14/2024 05:59 AM

I was very glad to read posts a few months ago that Marina Cay had reopened, alas without the splendor of the old Pussers establishment. Any recent experiences to be reported by the TTOL gang?
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Marina Cay Bar & Grill - 01/14/2024 10:38 AM

We love the new set-up, much better with the over-water shop gone and the kitchen, bar and outdoor dining by the dock.

Had lunch there yesterday. Greek salad and lobster roll were both terrific. Dinner is great because you can see the sunset. We like the Captain's and First Mate's burgers, also had a fish sandwich. Food is very good, but expensive. Service is good; there is an automatic 20% service charge.

They have been getting about 30 boats/night, usually with several bigger boats and yachts anchored at the back of the field. Most moorings are red BB.
Posted By: MrEZgoin

Re: Marina Cay Bar & Grill - 01/14/2024 02:19 PM

Interesting. We were there in November and the mooring field was still all FCFS.
We stayed a night but did not eat ashore.
Posted By: RatmansWife

Re: Marina Cay Bar & Grill - 01/14/2024 02:39 PM

Maybe the red BB are FCFS, don't know. The "toll collector" in Scrub Runner comes out every evening and many mornings, we assume to verify everyone has paid. There are still some regular white balls.
Posted By: Shifty

Re: Marina Cay Bar & Grill - 01/14/2024 03:04 PM

I'm very glad to hear that report! I think we will give it a try. And if we're lucky, my first mate will offer to pay🤠
Posted By: xrayman67

Re: Marina Cay Bar & Grill - 01/14/2024 03:24 PM

We were there in November. At that time there were all white FCFS balls. That has now changed to the majority BB. We dined ashore, food was good, service was polite, but very slow. They said they had way more business than they had planned for that night. Lots of larger parties from Scrub Island. Music was too loud to carry on a conversation without yelling. Still, it was good to be back at MC. We will go back and try their happy hour.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline