TravelTalkOnline

SNORKELING ON ANEGADA

Posted By: Contender

SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/13/2024 04:41 PM

We are on Anegada now.
Can anyone recommend a local guide to hire and go on our dinghy to snorkel? Apparently all 3 guide boats for snorkeling are laid up today, thanks!
Posted By: FRANKIE2

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/13/2024 04:57 PM

Forget the dinghy idea. There is decent snorkeling at Loblolly, Cow Wreck, ABC from shore. Depends upon weather.

K Quinn
S/V EVENT HORIZON
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/13/2024 06:54 PM

Agree with the above. Just go to Loblolly. There is not really any decent snorkeling from the anchorage. You will need to cab over or rent a vehicle.
Posted By: duckfat

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/13/2024 08:12 PM

We have had fairly high ground swells for the past 5 days, so the water almost everywhere is fairly cloudy. Snorkeling at Loblolly is not very good today. The seas are laying down nicely. Snorkeling at Loblolly should be very good by Thursday.
Posted By: Contender

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/14/2024 02:49 AM

Thx!
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/14/2024 02:55 PM

My favorite spot to snorkel off the beach is Flash of Beauty (next to Loblolly)! Very cool coral structure there.

Did you also try Tommy Gaunt Kitesurfing? He has a boat and does snorkel tours
Posted By: bailau

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/14/2024 04:19 PM

Flash of Beauty is excellent....walk down the beach a few hundred yards East and then swim out to the reef line and drift snorkel back and get a Roti from Monica. I always advise snorkeling with noodles
Posted By: rcevans100

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/16/2024 05:03 AM

I would second Flash of Beauty….and the Roti !!

Bob
Posted By: Husker

Re: SNORKELING ON ANEGADA - 02/16/2024 03:28 PM

Flash is my fave from shore on Anagada. However, the currents can be strong when the swell is up. Not a good place for first timers.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline