TravelTalkOnline

4th Of July

Posted By: A. Locker

4th Of July - 04/04/2024 11:45 PM

Hi all from the US!
We were supposed to be back on Tortola last week but a sports injury to my son delayed our trip. First time our kids will get to see the islands.

We are going June 28th through July 9th. My question is, what's it like on the 4th of July? Am I going to get dirty looks if I wear my Apollo Creed/Rocky Balboa swim trunks? Is it crazy to party a little extra to celebrate. I honestly don't want to piss anyone off...I mean, by now we have to be close to even getting hosed on taxes:)

Posted By: duckfat

Re: 4th Of July - 04/06/2024 01:37 PM

The 4th of July is just like the 4th of June in the BVI. Nothing special at all.
Posted By: coffeelover2

Re: 4th Of July - 04/11/2024 03:32 PM

We've gone during this week the last 2 charters (years apart) and the BVI is very kind to the Americans celebrating this holiday. We have planned to be in St. John each trip, as they had fireworks being a US territory... Hopefully they have the show this year too. We will be on charter on your same dates. Have a great time.
Posted By: A. Locker

Re: 4th Of July - 04/13/2024 11:09 AM

Thank you all, this helps.
Posted By: VirginGordaResident

Re: 4th Of July - 04/13/2024 04:54 PM

Don't expect any special celebrations, but you also will not offend anyone if you wear American swim trunks and celebrate the holiday on your own!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline