TravelTalkOnline

Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John

Posted By: PEDCO

Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/18/2014 02:46 PM

Looking to extend our Jan. trip with some land time in St. John . Seeking some information on a reasonable hotel or villa for 4 people(adults) that will rent for two or three nights. Thank You
Posted By: cruzan1

Re: Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/18/2014 04:23 PM

Tamarind Inn - basic and clean - nice little patio bar/resteraunt. It's pretty inexpensive and is my go-to spot for a 1-2 night stay.

St. John Inn - I loved this place back in 2000 - 2003 and then and things went down hill. I haven't been back since 2008 so I really can't comment. Probably fine for a night or two.

Cruz Bay Boutique - Haven't stayed here yet but I hear really great things about it.

Westin St. John - it's a westin, big resort with nice rooms and high rates.

Caneel Bay - waaaay out of my price range.

Gallow's Point - I think they will do a three night stay. Very nice condo units up the hill from Wharfside village. Rented one a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
FYI, I got the feeling that they are not super kid friendly.... so take that into consideration if traveling with little ones.

Hope this helps
Posted By: TomB

Re: Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/18/2014 05:22 PM

We had friends stay at the St John Inn a couple weeks ago and they were very pleased. Nothing fancy, but it was clean, and very friendly staff. The other advantage it is a very short walk to town.

There is also Coconut Coast Villas. We stayed there a few years back and they were very nice. A further walk into town, but not bad. Very nice pool and great views.

Most places do require a three night minimum or will hit you with a room cleaning charge. Just a heads up.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/18/2014 05:42 PM

We've done several pre- and post-charter 3 night stays during high season at Grande Bay Resort in Cruz Bay. Walking distance to all Cruz Bay restaurants. Parking garage for your rental jeep. I prefer the units in the upper buildings for better views. A few minutes walk to Cruz Bay restaurants. Check out VRBO.

Since it's usually mid-to-late afternoon when we arrive in Cruz Bay and as it's such a short walk from either ferry dock, we wait until the next morning to pickup the jeep rental (saving 1 days cost) and spend the first late afternoon/evening walking around Cruz Bay. If you drop off your jeep rental by about 9~10 am on your last day, you won't be charged a fee for that day.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/18/2014 11:35 PM

boutique hotel is wonderful. Great couple who run it, clean, right in town. This season anyway no minimum number of nights.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/19/2014 03:14 AM

+ 1 for STJ Boutique Hotel -- surpassed my every expectation.
Posted By: PEDCO

Re: Need 411 for a two or three night stay on St John - 06/26/2014 01:26 PM

thank you for the information -we booked with the Tamarind Inn
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline