TravelTalkOnline

Point Pleasant Resort

Posted By: oilwench

Point Pleasant Resort - 01/29/2015 02:08 AM

Any feedback on this property? We'll be staying there the night before picking up the boat in Red Hook. Thanks!
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 01/29/2015 12:28 PM

Well, it is a pretty, older condo property. (Heck, all the condos on St Thomas were built in the 80s LOL) There is only one restaurant there at present-Panga's. The old Agave Terrace has been closed for quite some time and the new restaurant hasn't opened yet. Close to Red Hook, but you'll need a car or to taxi there. Some of the units overlook the new Margaritaville which is under construction. Several pools around the property. They tout a beach, but it is pretty teeny. What else do you want to know?

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 01/29/2015 11:39 PM

There are 5 of us so we are considering renting a vehicle so that we can go to hotel and also go provision and then to Red Hook the next day. It would be more economical than taxis. But since Budget does not have a drop off place in Red Hook do you have a better alternative?
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 01/30/2015 12:37 AM

is Zip still in business, they moved out of the Red Hook location. Last I heard they were in Compass Pt. They will deliver and pick up the car, older cars but very reasonable.

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 01/30/2015 07:30 PM

Will check it out. Thanks!
Posted By: RickG

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 01/30/2015 09:07 PM

I'm looking to do the same in March. I've called Zip car rental this week and gotten a voice mail box. I'm going to try again next week when I have a bit more time to work this. The other company with a presence on east end on my list is EZ Car Rental.

Cheers, RickG

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 01/31/2015 12:05 AM

Even if one person has to take it back to the airport and taxi back to Red Hook I think it's worth it to rent a car. Please let me know what you find out. We are not going until June. Thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 02/02/2015 07:21 PM

Many of the car rental agencies will not do a one day rental so you may have to go to one of the major companies and pay a premium , if you can even get a rental
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 02/02/2015 09:01 PM

There are a couple of local places you could try: Bowsky 340-779-2600 (they are right in Smith Bay) and E-Z Car Rental 340-775-6255 (they are at the Anchorage.)
Posted By: sail445

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 02/03/2015 12:11 PM

Anonymous said:
Many of the car rental agencies will not do a one day rental so you may have to go to one of the major companies and pay a premium , if you can even get a rental

Renting for a day is very common in the islands, boaters and tourist come in everyday to resupply or to visit a part of the Island on their own time and rent a car for the day.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 02/03/2015 01:23 PM

Nutmeg, thanks for the Bowsky tip. I had not heard of them.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Point Pleasant Resort - 02/11/2015 02:43 AM

Sail

The major car rental companies will do a one day rental but the smaller operations usually will not
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline