TravelTalkOnline

No C&I forms required at STT airport?

Posted By: RickG

No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/08/2015 06:29 PM

Just heard from a friend who lives on St. John, traveling through STT airport today: "no more Customs forms required when leaving from the St. Thomas airport"..."as of 2 days ago". You still go through the C&I lines, but no forms to fill out and she reports that they are not swiping passports.

I head down Friday for a boat work weekend and will report back.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/09/2015 12:44 AM

Well, isn't that interesting! I am curious to hear what happens when you leave. We are planning our February trip and debating a couple of options, one is coming home thru STT and the usual airport hassle was weighing on my mind.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/09/2015 01:19 PM

Actually my understanding is that they may be are basically doing away with the C & I forms everywhere, coming into the US. The last time we came into Miami from St. Maarten, they gave us forms to fill out on the plane, but then the customs guys did not take them. Now, in Miami, they have the new computers that scan your passport and take your picture, and you fill out customs questions on that computer and I'm not sure that they have those in STT yet, but I understand they are supposed to be getting them everywhere.
Posted By: NCSailor

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/09/2015 02:43 PM

Carol_Hill said:
Actually my understanding is that they may be are basically doing away with the C & I forms everywhere, coming into the US. The last time we came into Miami from St. Maarten, they gave us forms to fill out on the plane, but then the customs guys did not take them. Now, in Miami, they have the new computers that scan your passport and take your picture, and you fill out customs questions on that computer and I'm not sure that they have those in STT yet, but I understand they are supposed to be getting them everywhere.

This been my recent experience too flying into DFW and CLT from Mexico. No forms, everything online. You print a receipt that you bring to the C&I agent that has your photo and information including answers to the import questions. Not sure how they are going to do this in STT. They can't even get the airline ticket kiosks to work properly.
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/09/2015 08:25 PM

http://newsofstjohn.com/2015/09/09/airport-change-may-lead-to-quicker-departure-times/
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/10/2015 08:22 PM

NCSailor said:
Carol_Hill said:

This been my recent experience too flying into DFW and CLT from Mexico. No forms, everything online. You print a receipt that you bring to the C&I agent that has your photo and information including answers to the import questions. Not sure how they are going to do this in STT. They can't even get the airline ticket kiosks to work properly.

Good point!

I have used the machines in CLT coming back from Mexico.

Wonder if they will have a Global Entry kiosks? We just got GE and haven't used it yet.
Posted By: RickG

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/14/2015 08:20 PM

No C&I forms required this morning at 6:30am and no kiosks. The CBP agent asked more questions than usual, but that took 2 minutes. I was through the gauntlet in less than 10 minutes.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: No C&I forms required at STT airport? - 09/28/2015 01:55 PM

Here is the CBP announcement:

9/23/2015

http://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-...passenger-pilot
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline