TravelTalkOnline

Hull Bay

Posted By: Ready2go

Hull Bay - 12/20/2015 08:50 PM

Howdy, Read an article in Islands magazine mentioning Hull Bay Hideaway and Hull Bay community and the beach itself. Never been, was wondering if it was good for a full day visit or at least a look see. The menu looks great at Hideaway restaurant. Any other restaurants/pubs there? Won't have a car. Any ideas on taxi costs from Sapphire/Red Hook area. Thanks
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Hull Bay - 12/20/2015 09:35 PM

my friend Pam is the chef there, she really good. My son worked there as a waiter years ago. Definitely off the beaten path, but worth a visit.
Posted By: dalegoldy

Re: Hull Bay - 12/27/2015 04:08 PM

Hull Bay Fish Tacos are the absolute best. We have friends on the island who are always teasing us when they've been by to have some!
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Hull Bay - 12/27/2015 07:49 PM

It will be tough getting a cab to go there, but if you are staying for a period of time, try to make friends with one of the drivers. If you're using one taxi for all your needs, you'll have a better chance.
Posted By: beachboy2

Re: Hull Bay - 12/31/2015 04:27 PM

Does anyone have good driving directions to Hull from Red Hook?
Posted By: crmoores

Re: Hull Bay - 01/20/2016 02:09 AM

Rt 38 past Saphire, Lindqvist, and Coki beaches and then Rt42/40 to Rt35, I believe a right then left on Rt37 and watch for signs. We didn't have any trouble our first time but it is a bit secluded! But no cruise shippers and a great spot!
OOPS - guess I'm a bit late!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline