TravelTalkOnline

Cruz Bay Parking

Posted By: Gator

Cruz Bay Parking - 03/03/2016 05:58 PM

Does anyone know if there is any kind of time limit on the dirt parking lot at the commercial ferry dock? We're considering an overnight trip to Jost and need to park a STT rented vehicle.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Cruz Bay Parking - 03/03/2016 08:58 PM

why not just take the ferry from STT? The regular ferry is much easier and faster then the car ferry, which is a real P.I.A., takes forever to load and unload.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Cruz Bay Parking - 03/03/2016 09:12 PM

Last I heard, the gravel parking lot was posted 72 hours. You have to be careful not to park in the posted Police/Fire parking area. There is also parking along the road from Mongoose Junction to the NPS Visitors center.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: TomSW

Re: Cruz Bay Parking - 03/03/2016 10:41 PM

I agree the car ferry doesn't work that well. Takes forever both coming and going and depending on the weather you can easily get a huge salt water car wash. Depending on your mobility needs, you can easily rent a car when you get there or take a taxi to your destination. We took it once and won't do it again.
Posted By: Gator

Re: Cruz Bay Parking - 03/04/2016 03:38 AM

Thanks I really appreciate your observations on the lot. That is the information I was looking for. It's amazing at the lame stuff people respond with, must be a comprehension issue. We're on St. John with an STT car rental but considering 2 nights on Jost and wanted to be sure the STT car rental wasn't going to be and issue.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline