TravelTalkOnline

Sailboat day rental?

Posted By: macunix

Sailboat day rental? - 12/30/2016 11:28 PM

Hi all,
We will be staying at the Water I campground in Mar and would like to do some daysailing. Does anyone know if/where it is possible to rent a small/medium size sailboat on a daily basis anywhere on Water I or around Charlotte Amalie? I couldn't google anything. We are experienced sailors. TIA...Tom
Posted By: TomB

Re: Sailboat day rental? - 12/31/2016 05:06 PM

Sorry Tom cannot help you, but it is sure nice to see you on the board.

Sure hope you and the family are doing well. Happy New year and have a great getaway.

Hopefully Local Sailor, Nutmeg, or Capt Jay can get you pointed in the right direction.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Sailboat day rental? - 01/01/2017 12:56 PM

If anybody on water Is. would be able to hook you up for a sailboat it would be Jethro -- ask around for him.
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Sailboat day rental? - 01/01/2017 07:02 PM

I'm gathering you mean something larger than a Hobie Cat, which you can find lots of places. The St Thomas Yacht Club has a new program using IC 24s: the St Thomas Sailing Center. Not exactly sure how it is going to work, but it's an idea...
Posted By: macunix

Re: Sailboat day rental? - 01/04/2017 01:23 AM

Nutmeg, thanks. I'll ask the Sailing Center if they rent to non members. Actually a Hobie Cat is an option. I found that the Ritz rents them. Do you know of any others since you say "lots of places"?

Local, you mean Jethro is a Water I resident?

Tom B, great to see you. Yes a long time. All is well and I hope you too. We've come to really appreciate the Water I campground and the ease of getting to it from Boston, so we haven't been chartering in the BVI so much.

Best to all...Tom
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Sailboat day rental? - 01/04/2017 01:36 AM

I was thinking that most beaches with beach concessions would have them- Bolongo, Sapphire, Elysian. I may be wrong. But I realized another place to check is West Indies Windsurfing at Vessup. They have lots of water sports stuff.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Sailboat day rental? - 01/04/2017 03:44 AM

Check out latitude 18 if you are out that way - they may have some boats available through word of mouth.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline