TravelTalkOnline

Virgin Island Yacht Charters

Posted By: jpfitzy7

Virgin Island Yacht Charters - 03/30/2017 03:48 PM

WE have chartered from BVI Yacht Charters in Tortola twice and have had a great experience. I see they have partnered with a company in St. Thomas, VI Yacht Charters and we are looking into a charter out of St. Thomas for next year so we can spend a couple of days in St. John. Has anyone heard anything about this new company?
Posted By: BreckSailor

Re: Virgin Island Yacht Charters - 03/30/2017 09:11 PM

VI Yacht Charters (www.viyachts.com) - if that's what you referring to - is simply a brokerage/booking agency contracting with many different yacht managers. They don't own or manage boats themselves (like BVI Yacht Charters does). They broker their clients to firms they contract with, such as BVI. I've personally never used them (VI or any charter yacht brokerage), but I might if I were new to chartering and needed a fair amount of hand holding in the process and wanted to easily "contact" many different boat charter operators without my direct involvement. Generally, fees for using a brokerage service are paid by the ultimate charter management firm (such as BVI) - well, really, ultimately by the independent boat owner for the boat you actually charter.
Posted By: jpfitzy7

Re: Virgin Island Yacht Charters - 03/30/2017 11:15 PM

That is not what I am referring to. I am referring to Virgin Island Yacht Charters (www.viycstthomas.com). It is the sister company of BVI Yacht Charters based in St. Thomas in Compass Point Marina.
Posted By: BreckSailor

Re: Virgin Island Yacht Charters - 03/31/2017 08:52 PM

OK, then - I'm also familiar with the relatively new Compass Point. Yes, as I understand it from several in the industry, they are affiliated with BVI but wanted a USVI site. I spent a good deal of time with the owners of one of their new boats (a FP Helia 44) at one of the boat shows. I'd have no reservations in working with them, though haven't personally.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Virgin Island Yacht Charters - 04/03/2017 03:34 PM

relatively new Compass Point? I believe it been there forever, at least 30 years
Posted By: aarpskier

Re: Virgin Island Yacht Charters - 04/21/2017 04:37 PM

After decades with The Moorings throughout the Caribbean, we are chartering with VIYC in October for a trip to the Spanish Virgins. Our experience to date has been very positive. Kristi and Cassie are a pleasure to deal with, very helpful and responsive.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline