TravelTalkOnline

Day Trip - best beach not crowded

Posted By: beachbound

Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/04/2017 03:31 PM

Looing for feedback please.....

group of 8-12 of us will be Day-Trip visiting St Thomas in May (on Cruise ship) - looking for a secluded beach with possible options to eat/drink

Been on St Thomas a few times but been quite a few years ago - not sure how much has changed.

Hubby and I are trying to decide where we should take the gang to hang on the beach and do some snorkeling, drinking and eating for the day (we'll have a soft sided cooler w/us and stock up before heading to beach - lunch not sure?

anyone know of driver that can accommodate 8-12 people for transportation that we can setup before hand

any suggestions on day trip itinerary would be most appreciated
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/04/2017 08:55 PM

there are one or two local beaches and i doubt anyone wants to advertise, but one is super nice, no real marked entrance.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/05/2017 08:16 PM

For 12 people I would recommend Honeymoon beach on Water Island you can take a taxi to the Crown Bay Marina where they have a ferry that will take you to Water Island about a 10 minute ride.
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/06/2017 12:58 AM

I recommend Brewers Beach -- with a cooler if you want - a private taxi with a pick-up time designated - drinks and snacks from the 2 food trucks there - excellent turtle population, lots of rays, octopus gardens, coral valleys to the west, shade or sun available, bathrooms, calm water and sandy beach -- not crowded and large long beach.
Posted By: sail445

Re: Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/06/2017 02:01 AM

Brewers is nice, but Honeymoon beach on Water Island with Joes bar and Heidi's food truck is convenient and you get a feeling of solidarity being on the small island.
Posted By: Nutmeg

Re: Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/06/2017 12:27 PM

bb: Secluded beaches do not have food and drink options. May is not a busy time. The ships start leaving for Alaska and the Med the end of April. If you want food and drink Honeymoon on Water Island is a possibility. Also Abi (remote)and Sapphire (big beach). If you want to bring your own food and drink, Smith Bay might be a good option. With a big group like that, you will likely get a van to yourselves for the trip.
Posted By: Twanger

Re: Day Trip - best beach not crowded - 04/07/2017 10:40 PM

Agree with Honeymoon recommendation.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline