TravelTalkOnline

St John Fun!

Posted By: TomB

St John Fun! - 03/16/2018 07:33 PM

Many may not realize it, but the new TTOL format allows one to have some trivia fun.

Read the question – click the content button – and see how well you know St John.

If it you get all 10 right it entitles you to $1 Coors Light at Woody’s Saloon between the hours of 3 PM and 6 PM – Good Luck!

1)
( What iconic statue on top of Peace Hill was destroyed by Hurricane Marylyn in 1995?)
Christ of the Caribbean

2)
( Robert and Nancy Gibney sold two acres of land in 1957 to this historical figure. Who was he?)
J. Robert Oppenheimer

3)
( Three types of turtles can be found in the waters of St John. The two most common are the green and hawksbill turtles. What is the third turtle that is rarely seen?)
The leatherback sometimes referred to as a Trunk Turtle… could that be how the Bay got its name?

4)
( What should you do if you see a bushwacker in front of you on St John?)
Drink it of course!

5)
( Where does Kenny say he wants to hang with the locals in the song Be As You Are?)
Quiet Mon

6)
( Name the hill on the way to the Westin that can make an atheist pray when it is raining?)
Jacob’s Ladder

7)
( What is Angel’s Rest?)
St. John’s only floating bar. Head to Haulover or Hannsen to enjoy

8)
( What does the abbreviation FVINP stand for?)
Friends of the Virgin Islands National Park

9)
( What trail do you take from Centerline Rd to hike to the petroglyphs?)
Reef Bay Trail

10)
( What is Sloop Jones best known for?)
His colorful hand painted island apparel

Post how many you got right, but no answers please!
Posted By: sail445

Re: St John Fun! - 03/16/2018 11:28 PM

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 12:55 AM

Very good!
Out of curiosity which ones did you miss?
I went back and numbered the questions and I am guessing 3 and 5 were the ones you missed.

thanks for playing!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 01:16 AM

Tom--you have discovered something about this new version that we didn't even know!!
Posted By: Debsue

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 01:35 AM

I only got 5 correct, so I don't get to go to Woody's this time around. 😥 But this tells me I need a trip back to STJ soon, for education 's sake, of course! So glad to hear that you guys are planning a trip soon!

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 01:42 AM

Carol when HTML is enabled many things can happen smile
Eric should be able to edit the block so it is says answer instead of content.

Debbie Welcome!
I know you guys are headed to Spain soon. This would be a great place to do a trip report on the World Wide Travel Thread!
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 12:31 PM

8. Any news on the rebuilding efforts of Angel's Rest? Saw they were trying to raise funds.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 01:17 PM

Tom--Eric says that HTML is NOT enabled, but this is just a feature of the new version. (Of course, I personally have NO idea what that means, if HTML is enabled, or not! duh)
Posted By: RickG

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 04:03 PM

Fun! I missed the Gibney/Oppenheimer question. I said Rockefeller.

On Angel's Rest, last I heard it was not coming back. Who knows, some folks who were not coming back to St. John are back and working.

Cheers, RickG

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 05:38 PM

I do not know either Carol about HTML - I just thought I was entering code, but you are correct it is a feature.

You can do fun things with it like trivia.

Rick
Thanks for update on Angel's Rest.

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 11:16 PM

Actually it was one and two.

I used to frequent the Quiet Mon and saw Chesney there more then once wearing his baseball cap in reverse in the early part of the 2000’s

Re: St John Fun! - 03/17/2018 11:22 PM

Never underestimate Peter from Angels rest he once had a floating bar in island of Carriacou in the early 2000’s
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: St John Fun! - 03/22/2018 01:42 PM

Not to brag but I got a 10. But I am a total geek with an entire bookshelf of well read STJ travel guides and history books. And I like to drink. And like to think about drinking on STJ. And a husband that listens to No Shoes Radio in the car.
Posted By: Orange_Burst

Re: St John Fun! - 03/22/2018 01:51 PM

I only got 4 right. I think I would do much better on a BVI quiz. I've only been to St. John once, BVI's 23 times.

Thanks for putting it together it was fun.

Re: St John Fun! - 03/22/2018 02:01 PM

Cleobeach you sound like someone I would get along with well! And in our family it is my wife that always has No Shoes Radio playing on her commute.
Not sure why we have satellite radio for one channel, but I am not the one with the long commute.

I was thinking about putting one together for the SXM or BVI page. They do not take long to do. Tortola use to be our destination of choice in the 80s and early 90s so it may be some old questions. Stay Tuned Orange_Burst.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline