TravelTalkOnline

Checking in at customs on St John

Posted By: jagmansr

Checking in at customs on St John - 04/16/2018 11:09 PM

I know there has been discussion on sailing into Cruz Bay and checking in with customs. Last word was to email and make an appointment. In the past we have grabbed a mooring ball outside of Cruz Bay and dingied into customs. We will be down in 3 weeks, any new developments? It sounded as if you sail in, the marina wants $50 to moor but if you dingy in, no $50 fee. Is this correct? I really don’t want to sail into St Thomas if I can check in on St John
Posted By: tradewinds

Re: Checking in at customs on St John - 04/16/2018 11:19 PM

There still isn't any customs on St. John. The customs you're talking about is at Red Hook.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Checking in at customs on St John - 04/17/2018 07:35 PM

From the VI Port Authority a bit if hope posted on April 10:

http://www.viport.com/documents/Brochures/2018%20Hurricane%20Recovery%20Ad%20-%2002.pdf

"Temporary U.S. Customs Services Coming to Red Hook Soon

A temporary U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility will be constructed inside the Urman V. Fredericks Marine Terminal in Red Hook. This facility will serve passenger ferries arriving from foreign ports and will remain in use until the US Customs facility on St. John is rebuilt. VIPA expects to be able to process vessels at the Fredericks Terminal in Red Hook by May 2018. The Port Authority has also arranged to have US Customs process yachts and other small pleasure vessels at the Victor Sewer Marine Facility (The Creek) on St. John."

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline