TravelTalkOnline

Lindberg Bay anchoring

Posted By: Lcrich

Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/07/2019 11:19 PM

In October, we want to pick up guests that are flying in and taxiing to Emerald Beach Hotel. It will be 4ish PM so too late to go anywhere else for the night. Which is fine because we like the bar and food scene at the hotel. So we will spend the night at Lindberg Bay. How is the anchoring there? Any drag?
Posted By: sail445

Re: Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/08/2019 12:49 AM

I’ve anchored there many times during the winter months when the winds were mostly a bit N of E ,but during the summer months when the winds are out of the SE it gets very rolly and forget about landing a dinghy without getting wet.
I agree it’s a nice spot but check the wind direction.
Posted By: BaardJ

Re: Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/08/2019 12:51 AM

No experience anchoring there. Oct is generally light SE winds so probably OK. In the unlikely event that they do pick up, you could move over to Brewers Bay north of the runway which is very well protected and has easy access to the roadway (albeit a long walk to Lindbergh Bay hotels).
Posted By: agrimsrud

Re: Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/08/2019 12:53 AM

I anchored a 50 ft mono in July in that bay three years ago. Holding was no problem. It was a bit rolly. The cat's anchored in the bay were fine.

Re: Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/08/2019 01:06 AM

BaardJ, if the swells build up that would mean that the winds are very S of E and Brewers would be affected.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/08/2019 01:56 AM

Brewers bay has a huge breakwater to beat down the SE swell. It's so big they built a runway on top of it !

Re: Lindberg Bay anchoring - 05/08/2019 02:23 AM

They actually built that to extend the runway in the 70’s and it does help.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline