TravelTalkOnline

Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas

Posted By: MIDiver

Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/27/2020 11:32 PM

We have a trip planned for February with TMM (fingers crossed). Just back from a week in USVI waters and would like to return before the February trip, looking at November/December (prior to 12/15). CYOA looks pretty booked in early December. Any other good options? I know Dream Yacht is new to the area..... Looking for a 42-44 cat. Prefer Lagoons but FP is OK.
Posted By: hotdogman

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/28/2020 11:27 AM

Check out https://www.virginislandsyachtcharters.com/. They have one Lagoon in their fleet, otherwise all FP. We’ve chartered with them a number of times and the experience has always been extremely positive.
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/28/2020 12:50 PM

Thank you - will check VI Yacht Charters out.
Posted By: AlohaMates

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/30/2020 06:12 PM

Let me know if you we successful with communicating with VI Yacht Charters. I filled out the reservation form twice, emailed several times, messaged on Facebook and called 4 times leaving 2 messages. No response of any kind.
Posted By: Winterstale

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/30/2020 06:31 PM

Dream Yacht Charters has boats in St Thomas too.
Posted By: hotdogman

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/30/2020 08:56 PM

Did you contact the folks at virginislandsyachtcharters.com or viyachts.com? 2 different outfits altogether. I’ll pm you the contact info for the former.
Posted By: AlohaMates

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/30/2020 10:35 PM

Thank you for the alternate email.
Here is the URL I contacted www.virginislandsyachtcharters.com
I used the email at the top of the page. charters@viycstt.com.
I did receive an auto response each time I filled out the Yacht Inquiry Form. I learned of them when the announcement was made about the partnership with DYC. I've used DYC in the past but VI Yacht Charters had the right equipment and the price was good. It makes me nervous when the base phone is not answered during business hours.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Bareboat Options Out of St.Thomas - 07/31/2020 05:32 PM

Give the folks at CYOA a call. They may have some knew boats that are not on the calendar yet.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline