TravelTalkOnline

UA into IAD-STT .... canceled

Posted By: cwoody

UA into IAD-STT .... canceled - 10/21/2020 12:46 PM

Well United just took the guess work out of our planned January 2021 trip.

As a result of recent travel restrictions brought on by the COVID-19 outbreak, schedule changes made by United have impacted your travel plans for itinerary and your flight 1443 on 1/1/2021 has been canceled. We know this was not part of your plans and we may have options available to help you get rebooked as soon as possible. To check out your options, please visit the United app, united.com or call 1-888-825-7684.

Has UA canceled flights for anyone else?
Posted By: ecm56

Re: UA into IAD-STT .... canceled - 10/21/2020 02:53 PM

We're booked on that UAL flight in early February - I have not heard anything yet.

American changed the departure time for our leg of STT-MIA next month - they changed it to an early morning departure which would have made a connection impossible (in-bound to STT). We had already decided to cancel/re-schedule that trip (due to the BVI restrictions) so we just cancelled and requested a refund.
Posted By: RickG

Re: UA into IAD-STT .... canceled - 10/22/2020 05:59 PM

I know that message. I had to rebook my December trip to Washington, DC. No direct flights for me. I was tempted to get a refund and fly a better itinerary with AA, but this trip is on a travel voucher. My daughter's 12/20 flight is still direct from STT to IAD.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: cwoody

Re: UA into IAD-STT .... canceled - 10/22/2020 06:05 PM

Yep... they canceled the direct flights and wanted us to connect thru PHI with terrible departure and arrival time.

Jet Blue DCA-SJU-EIS when we rebook in May 2021!
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: UA into IAD-STT .... canceled - 10/26/2020 06:14 PM

Just got notice that our February direct United flight is cancelled. I rebooked on American thru CLT at decent price and times. Business class is either sold out or nearly sold out on all the flights.
Posted By: RickG

Re: UA into IAD-STT .... canceled - 10/30/2020 05:04 PM

My daughter's 12/20 flight is the only one across our United trips, funded by travel voucher from COVID lockdown, that is still direct. If not for the direct flights I would have booked AA or Delta. Grumble.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline