TravelTalkOnline

Marina Access in USVI

Posted By: RickG

Marina Access in USVI - 03/17/2021 12:44 PM

I was waiting to respond to the thread regarding cruisers going back to the BVI after the ports open... found it - Yacht Cruisers Speak.

A forumite mentioned that they found it impossible to get a slip at a marina in the USVI. For the second time in a couple weeks I was able to get reserve a slip at Crown Bay with a week's notice. They've had slips every time we've been by to buy fuel. Yacht Haven Grande has slips starting at $5/foot. Compass Point is ridiculously sold out with Cats double parked on T-heads taking up half the channel; this is due to BVI charter operations working out of there. AYH in Red Hook is usually full with long-term tenants. Sapphire Beach does not do daily rentals.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: MIDiver

Re: Marina Access in USVI - 03/17/2021 03:14 PM

I can second how ridiculous Compass Point is right now. Way too many boats in there and the channel is extremely narrow. Really disliked the base there when we chartered last month.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Marina Access in USVI - 03/18/2021 12:33 PM

When we had bout Beneteau 40 De Life at Independent with a 6' 9" keel we would have to get right next to the hip tied boats to stay in the channel. Even after a securite' radio call as draft restricted we would have boats trying to force out of the channel with a port to port pass. Not fun.

Cheers, RickG
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline