TravelTalkOnline

Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas

Posted By: clementine

Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas - 08/28/2022 11:40 PM

Good evening,
We are looking for a non-stop flight from Boston to St. Thomas Jan.2023
As of now there are none available. Does anyone know if the Airlines would
add a flight in a few months possibly? Of course when we call different Airlines
they have no info on that.
Thank you
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas - 08/29/2022 05:38 PM

Generally they like to load new flights 6 months out minimum. Things are so crazy now that you never know.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas - 08/29/2022 06:38 PM

George--that's what I was thinking. I would think that if they were going to put a flight on in January, they would have done so by now.

clementine--do you know if there was EVER a nonstop from Boston? I really doubt in the current climate, that they would be adding any new routes.
Posted By: RickG

Re: Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas - 08/29/2022 07:15 PM

Jet Blue has had a non-stop in the past.

Cheers, RickG
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas - 08/29/2022 07:36 PM

OK, if it was Jet Blue, they have been doing a LOT of culling of flights, especially to the Caribbean.
Posted By: GeorgeC1

Re: Non-Stop Boston to ST.Thomas - 08/30/2022 09:52 AM

One of the other issues I have pointed out in the past. The 757’s are being retired and fewer are available. There were a bunch of A320’s operating out of STT however the FAA decided we are all getting fatter and bringing on more carryon baggage so they raised the assumed passenger weights. This appears to have pushed most of the A320’s out of STT. It might be that STT-BOS can’t be flown with a A320 economically because of load restrictions. Now you see a lot more of the A319’s and short 737’s.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline