TravelTalkOnline

Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie

Posted By: FLJim

Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/19/2013 02:15 PM

I'll be dropping off a crewmember on St Thomas on the way sailing from SVI to BVI. What's the best way to do that in CA? (I've never been in that harbor).
Posted By: MissinStT

Re: Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/19/2013 02:38 PM

I'd guess that Crown Bay Marina would be a good spot. I'm sure Capt. Jay will chime in with confirmation or a better recommendation shortly.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/19/2013 03:38 PM

depends where they are going, east end, town, airport?
Posted By: CaptainJay

Re: Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/19/2013 04:00 PM

You could anchor in the main harbor and dink them into the sea wall down town cabs are easy to find. Crown Bay would work but unless you want to pay for a slip you will have to anchor in Elephant Bay.
Jay
Posted By: LocalSailor

Re: Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/19/2013 04:58 PM

Topping off the fuel and water at the Crown Bay fuel dock would probably work as well -- I don't see any reason that just using fenders and making a short stop along the waterfront wall downtown would be a problem either.
You could anchor in Lindberg Bay and dinghy in to the beach if it is an airport drop off.
Posted By: FLJim

Re: Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/19/2013 05:45 PM

Thanks all. Plenty of options. Don't know yet whether he's going straight to the airport, or spending a day or two. That depends partly how well we're getting along after 2 weeks on a boat.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Crew dropoff in Charlotte Amalie - 06/20/2013 12:35 AM

Crown Bay is a good docking option as well. Great laundry, post office, dive shop, spa,Tickles Restaurant, provisioning, and an extremely friendly staff.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline