TravelTalkOnline

St Croix Lodging

Posted By: bsilverfox

St Croix Lodging - 07/04/2013 08:06 PM

Planning an October Trip to St Croix, we have pretty much decided on a luxury ocean view room at the Buccaneer. Reviews on Trip Advisor seem to be mostly good for the resort and those rooms. Comments from anyone who has stayed there in the past year or so would be appreciated. Bill
Posted By: RickBlaine

Re: St Croix Lodging - 07/08/2013 02:15 PM

Never stayed there but have been to the beaches. I kind of thought the place was a bit dated. We've always just rented a house.
Posted By: Bow_Rider

Re: St Croix Lodging - 07/08/2013 02:53 PM

The Buccaneer was great when we stayed there but it's been almost 20 years so I'm not sure how it is now. At the time we were there the rooms were tastefully appointed with beautiful tile and nice furnishings. The resort was well kept and the management was invested in pleasing the guests (my sister in law worked there at the time so it was not just an impression it was her experience - she was CFO and was part of said management.) She's not there anymore and I don't know what else has changed but I'd book there without hesitation as I'd be curious to see. Also, we had friends who stayed at Carambola for their honeymoon just last month and they loved it there if you want to consider that, it is a little more remote which they were looking for but you may not be. Whatever you decide enjoy and post a trip report when you get back!
Posted By: cessnaflyr2

Re: St Croix Lodging - 09/16/2013 03:47 AM

We really like Gentle Winds Condos. Check with Amy Land/DeWilde at Century 21 or Marti Gotts at Vacation St. Croix for availability. Nice beach with pool, close to town yet away from traffic. On the disireable North Shore.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline