TravelTalkOnline

Puerto Rico Car Rental

Posted By: warmbreezes

Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 01:34 AM

We will be in PR from Dec 7 thru 14. Does anyone know a reputable local rental agency. Guessing better deals can be found like in St Maarten; the best deals are to be had by the locals, not the brand know companies. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: marisol

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 02:41 AM

We always use Charlie Car Rental. I believe they have 2 locations, one in Isla Verde and another in Condado. They will even pick you up at the airport. Always happy with the service.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 01:39 PM

it's not a third world country, they Avis, Hertz, Enterprise and all the major rental companies
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 02:35 PM

sail2wind--You didn't read the post. The person obviously knows the majors are there, but specifically WANTS to deal with a local company, not a chain.
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 03:17 PM

sometimes you get what you PAY for
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 03:34 PM

Depends. I don't know PR rentals, but in St. Maarten, which is where the poster travels a lot, local rentals are MUCH better..
Posted By: warmbreezes

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/25/2013 04:54 PM

Thanks Carol, you and I both know you get a better deal with the locals and it helps the local economy.
Posted By: Dougie

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/26/2013 10:56 PM

Charlies was great. Good prices, picked us up at Isla Grande airport, and took us to the Condado location. Upgraded me because my compact was not on the lot. I returned it to the Isla Verde location next to SJU and they shuttled me at no extra charge.
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Puerto Rico Car Rental - 07/29/2013 09:21 PM

We have used Charlie Car Rental three times and had very good results all three times - once using Isla Verde office and twice using Condado office. Website is www.charliecarrentalpr.com I recommend calling them to get prices and to rent.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline