TravelTalkOnline

Caneel and Rosewood part company

Posted By: Nutmeg

Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/06/2013 09:54 PM

Well, I guess Caneel is going it alone, leaving their management company, Rosewood. Not sure if this will change anything, I guess we'll have to see.
Posted By: beachmi

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/07/2013 03:59 PM

travelweekly.com says zozo's will open there in november when they reopen. was it always part of caneel bay resort?
Posted By: sccpm

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/07/2013 04:48 PM

Zozo's was never connected with the Caneel Resort before. It should be a great match. The setting in the restaurant (which used to be called The Equator) has awesome sunset views.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/08/2013 03:01 PM

Doesn't surprise me, Rosewood had the place held together with chewing gum and string. The Equator restaurant had donkey droppings in the their much ballyhooed outdoor dining area, units had roof leaks and broken a/c units, staff displayed an indifferent/bored attitude... unless of course you were one of the returning "Thurston Howells" that frequent the place on a regular basis. Beautiful beaches and snorkeling though.
Posted By: sccpm

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/09/2013 11:17 AM

To each his own, I suppose. Opinions, that is. That's why there are many different ice cream flavors. I have been to Caneel at least 15 times over the past 25 years and I am definitely not a "Thurston Howell" type person. My trips were spread out and staff rotated so I was not given any special service as a "returning guest". I always found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. I never had a roof leak or a broken air-conditioner but if I did, I believe it would be handled appropriately. As for donkey droppings, most guests enjoy the wild donkeys who roam the property. Unfortunately, the donkeys have not yet been trained to do their business in specific locations throughout the resort. As everyone knows, Caneel is very pricey and you pay for "understated luxury", privacy, and beauty. It's not for everyone and especially not for whiny, spoiled people who need to be constantly pampered. I have been appalled by the behavior of some demanding, obnoxious guests.

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/09/2013 02:04 PM

In the case of Caneel "understated luxury" is code for complete disregard for the guest experience and this is not coming from a spoiled and whiny individual.
Posted By: irina

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/11/2013 09:40 PM

Wow. How nasty is anon? Stayed there twice as RockResort. No tv, no internet. Truly relaxing. Sailed over to Little Dix for the day.
Fresh towels and ice delivered daily.
Sorry to hear it's gone downhill.
Hopefully this will be good for the resort. Gorgeous property.
Cheers
irina

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/12/2013 01:34 PM

Come on, it seems when anyone has the least critical thing to say about Caneel Bay they are jumped on as being nasty, whiny or a Ritz Carlton devotee. The fact of the matter is, Rosewood did not put their heart and soul into managing the property and it showed. We have stayed there twice for a total of 30 days, it is truly a splendid setting/concept but the staff/operations/facility need improvement.
Posted By: denverd0n

Re: Caneel and Rosewood part company - 09/12/2013 03:27 PM

Anonymous said:
Come on, it seems when anyone has the least critical thing to say about Caneel Bay they are jumped on as being nasty, whiny or a Ritz Carlton devotee.

No, it's when an anonymous poster is nasty and whiny, without providing any details about what, when, how, and that sort of thing. Come here and whine about how bad something is, without providing any way for readers to judge the veracity of your complaints and, yeah, that's pretty much just nasty, useless, whining.

Like the commercials say, it's not complicated... If you don't want to be accused of nasty, useless whining, then you have to post something that is not nasty, useless whining.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline