TravelTalkOnline

Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels

Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels - 03/22/2014 06:06 PM

My husband and I will be in Puerto Rico for 2 days in December. He hasn't ever been to El Yunque or Old San Juan. Any recommendations for nice but not over priced hotels in these areas?
Posted By: sail445

Re: Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels - 03/24/2014 02:45 PM

El Convento Hotel in Old San Juan is moderately priced and is surrounded by restaurants , shops and historical sightseeing sites and it's only 40 minutes to El Yunque.
Posted By: Cleobeach

Re: Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels - 03/26/2014 01:00 PM

We stayed at the El Convento two years ago and LOVED it and will be back. I thought the rooms, location and extras justified the price. Old Juan was great and I look forward to a return trip and a stay at the El.

Last month, we stayed at the Wyndam Rio Mar at the base of the rain forest. It was fine for the price.
Posted By: amurphy08

Re: Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels - 03/27/2014 08:21 PM

I will get a couple names for places to stay in the rainforest. Definitely worth it for a couple nights.
Love El Convento. I also have stayed at the Casablanca on Fortelaza and really enjoy it. No elevator though and it's 4 floors. Very cool Moroccan vibe and about $100 less than El Convento. Right on South Fortelaza.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels - 04/04/2014 04:12 PM

I am doing a VRBO in less than two weeks in OSJ. Here is the link: http://www.vrbo.com/88413
Could give you a review when I get back.
Posted By: caribbeangirl13

Re: Old San Juan and/or El Yunque hotels - 04/05/2014 04:00 PM

Looks great. Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline