TravelTalkOnline

House of worship.

Posted By: thewaterfront

House of worship. - 01/08/2015 01:10 AM

New Synagogue relocating across from Atrium Resort.
Posted By: Rasputin

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 01:39 AM

If it is an existing Synagogue relocating, i.e. from one place on the island to another, is it really a "new" place of worship? or just one that is moving its' location?

Semantics?
Posted By: EdB

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 01:50 AM

details???
Posted By: thewaterfront

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 01:19 PM

On arrival I had noticed a large white Tent with banquet tables on the site of the Anand Indian Rest. The restaurant had been closed. We had intentions of dinning there. Upon inquiring, a businessman friend had informed me of what had transpired. He said that a local Synagogue was relocating to that site. He believed that it was new construction. In the mean time we dined at the Indian Restaurant next door above the grocery store which was fine.
Posted By: Barbara

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 02:25 PM

the local synagogue held services in a rented building. they actually did not own a building of their own. they have now bought the property mentioned above and will have their own synagogue there.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 03:13 PM

Is this the one that was above Zee Best?
Posted By: BruceSummit

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 05:01 PM

You are referring to Chabad of St Maarten which is currently located above Zee Best in Simpson Bay. They acquired the building and announced plans to build a new center there. The story was on the front page of the Daily Herald on Monday, December 29th I think. I'm sure someone here, who is more tech savvy than me, can find it and post it for all to read.
Posted By: Bahston

Re: House of worship. - 01/08/2015 06:21 PM

Here is the link:

http://www.thedailyherald.com/index.php?...s&Itemid=54
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline