TravelTalkOnline

Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans

Posted By: Mpant

Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/27/2015 05:16 PM

Looking for a snorkel trip mostly to Tintamarre but also Pinel maybe Green Cay etc
Any opinions on these 2 providers
Do I have to book before I get there in 4 days
I'd like to be able to look at weather and it seems there may be some showers beginning of week
Posted By: Snorkeller

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/27/2015 05:44 PM

I am not that familiar with the Coconut Reef snorkeling trip folks - I am very familiar with Capt Alan's. If you are interested in getting to the places you list - especially Tintamarre, I would suggest Capt Alan's, as you would have a significantly shorter ride to get there. I also would recommend inquiring online immediately to check on availability of particular itineraries and you also can ask them if they are aware of any particular weather issues coming up.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/27/2015 06:06 PM

I have not heard of Coconut Reef tours either, but Captain Alan's gets unformly good marks. Rather than worrying about rain, you might want to inquire about high winds, which make for rough seas, thus uncomfortable snorkelling.
Posted By: SandS

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/27/2015 08:57 PM

My daughter & her friends (late 20's) went with Coconut Reef last Feb. They were approached by a salesgirl on the beach at SBR. They booked for two days later & got a discount for booking with her. They had a fabulous time (a lot of drinking). They went to Tintamarre & Pinel & swam with turtles. They want to go again this year.
Posted By: M3se5

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/27/2015 09:28 PM

We used Aquamania out of Simpson Bay and had a great three stop snorkel trip to Tintamarre, Creole Rock ( which is a very cool place to snorkel), and Pinel. It was a great tour, and we will be doing it again when we return in July. Highly recommended.
Posted By: M3se5

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/27/2015 09:34 PM

Here is their website: http://www.stmaarten-activities.com/index.php/trips-tours
Posted By: Sungoddess

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/28/2015 12:57 AM

I have coffee every Monday afternoon at Le Sucriere. The Coconut Reef boat trip ends there...I always chat with the people and everyone/all ages seem to love it. sorry, no first had experience with either trip
Posted By: axd0424

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/28/2015 02:36 AM

I can't say enough by captain Alan's. By far one of my best sxm experiences. His crew is the best! T by e won't disappoint.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Coconut Reef tours or Capt Alans - 01/28/2015 04:04 AM

We have done the Coconut Reef trip. I wrote about it here in a trip report, and also on Trip Advisor.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie...Maarten_St.html
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline