TravelTalkOnline

walking from Orient to Le Galion

Posted By: genio67

walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 03:49 AM

How long is the walk from the end of Orient to Le Galion? Is it easy to find? Thanks!
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 04:29 AM

Short, pleasant walk. Easy to find. Just head to the water sports shack and turn right on the trail.

I walked there most mornings from the village for a swim in the "pool" in the sea many mornings when we were there.

If you use satellite view on google maps you can scope out the trail before you get there. You will see the pool in that view, too.
Posted By: Bobcat

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 10:06 AM

Photo follow directions of previous poster.
Posted By: sxmnude

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 07:26 PM

We'll be staying at Club O in March. Can you walk to Le Galion nude?
Posted By: joyonthebeach

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 07:33 PM

Le Galion is not a nude beach. Topless is okay. We have made that walk many times. When it is too windy on Orient we hike over to the shelter of Le Galion.
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 09:15 PM

I never thought of doing that walk. Seems like it would be a nice early morning cobweb-busting hike.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 09:23 PM

So long as you wear good shoes. Lots of very sharp coral/rocks on the walk.
Posted By: campers20

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 11:06 PM

We arrive in April and always do an early morning walk to both ends of Orient beach but now we'll walk to Le Galion one morning.
Thanks for the idea
Posted By: joyonthebeach

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/29/2015 11:17 PM

Your right about it being a bit rough, even though there is a path Carol. I stubbed/bruised my little toe really badly on the last day of my stay. I just took it as an indicator that I shouldn't be leaving that day. (although I still had to leave).
Posted By: jaxon60

Re: walking from Orient to Le Galion - 01/30/2015 02:16 AM

If you stay on the trail, it is not too bad and I walked it wearing flip flops regularly. But, yes, at certain points if you want to get close to the sea on the way to Le Galion, it is quite rocky.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline