TravelTalkOnline

Water Taxi in Lagoon?

Posted By: Canuck54

Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 01/31/2015 10:43 PM

Not sure if there is such a service but with so many restaurants and other points of interest accessible from the Lagoon it might be a great way to get around. Imagine picking up a "Taxi" near the bridge in Simpson Bay and bing dropped of at PDP, Lagoonies or even Marigot?
Posted By: BruceSummit

Re: Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 02/01/2015 02:35 PM

Flying Fish water services offers something pretty close to what you describe. Their taxi goes from a dock in Simpson Bay. You can reach them at 588-7700.
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 02/01/2015 06:08 PM

There have been many attempts to try a shuttle service like this. i haven't seen one this year.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 02/01/2015 06:19 PM

Aqua mania has one to Margot.
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 02/01/2015 10:17 PM

Thanks Bruce, assuming there is a dock near the Summit how would taking a water taxi from your area compare to a land taxi to for example Jimbo's. I would expect no trafic or bridge issues with the boat.

We did see a well lit Gonola in January In the Lagoon so does anyone have any knowledge of it?
Posted By: sailbynight

Re: Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 02/02/2015 12:02 AM

I have seen the gondola. They do private trips. Here's their website.
http://www.tropicalvenicegondolas.com/index.php/pricing
Posted By: BruceSummit

Re: Water Taxi in Lagoon? - 02/04/2015 09:35 PM

Hi Canuck54,

In my opinion a water taxi always beats a land taxi unless it is raining or the winds are high which can mean rough water. No traffic, no bridge openings and a nice pleasant ride on the water as you go to or from your destination. I know Flying Fish picks up at Porto Cupecoy on a regular basis so that would be the best place in the Cupecoy area to board from. Give them a call for details though.

I've seen the gondola website and, while it looks like a nice idea, I wonder how stable it is or how long a ride might take when waves and/or currents in the lagoon are less than ideal. Unless it has an engine on it I would not want to rely on the strength of the gondolier and his paddle. Just IMHO.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline