TravelTalkOnline

Verizon email blocked

Posted By: Bluesfan

Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 06:17 PM

Just arrived at SXM. After no problem last year, I find I am blocked from my Verizon email account due to spam from sxm. IT at LaVista says Verizon blocked emails sometime last fall. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? Verizon website says there is a Verizon hotspot at the Royal Palm. Anyone know about this? Sharon?
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 07:20 PM

Pick up and send your mail through a Gmail account.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 07:52 PM

We had major issues on Island with Comcast and deferred to Gmail which went fine...

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 08:43 PM

Thankyou. I am 74 years old and not very tech savvy. Can you explain how to use gmail?

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 08:45 PM

Create a Google account if you do not have one already...

Google

VERY simple...
Posted By: Ritchard

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 08:45 PM

Bluesfan, I'll pm you my tel # and you could call me if you want to. Way easier to explain.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/09/2015 09:09 PM

Thankyou very much. I set up account and it is presently importing. (I hope) TTOL shows it's value once again.
Posted By: TinaOysterBay

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 02:34 AM

I'm not super tech savvy either, but we head down on Sunday. We have Verizon cell phone service, and I get my emails from a web-based email provider (fastmail.fm) to my phone. Do you mean all emails are blocked that go to a phone using Verizon service, or is it an actual Verizon email address (as opposed to comcast or aol or fastmail) that are blocked? Would really appreciate if anyone knows and can chime in, as I have a mini crisis going on with a volunteer position I hold that I need to be in contact on!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 02:57 AM

With wifi on and connected to wifi with your phone on airplane mode you should be able to receive and send email.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 12:14 PM

Correct....but I believe the question was related to the Verizon provider not the process...
Posted By: dmarty

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 04:06 PM

I just got back from SXM and stayed at La Vista. My carrier is Verizon and my email, earthlink.net. I had no problems getting email at La Vista as long as I paid the WIFI fee of $20/week. My iphone was set on airplane mode and WIFI. Had no problems getting any of my apps. to work.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 05:03 PM

I got wifi service but Verizon would not let me access my email account using my netbook.
did not get wifi connection for my phone. I would think that if you get wifi for your phone you should be OK as long as fastmail.fm is not blocked. If it is, open a gmail account and link the Verizon account to it. Gmail setup makes this easy.
Posted By: wabid

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 07:03 PM

Verizon along with other providers do provide Webmail services. From a browser connect to webmail.verizon.com. You should be able to access your email from there.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/13/2015 09:29 PM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help! We will be getting Wifi service, so sounds like we will be fine using the tablet!

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/14/2015 03:29 PM

Verizon blocks webmail access from St. Martin claiming that there are spam issues. apparently they find large amounts of spam originating from St. Martin. Why other ISPs don't have a problem I do not understand.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/14/2015 03:58 PM

I apologize. I logged in to webmail.verizon.com and was connected to my account. Now I realize Verizon was blocking the ISP address used by the internet service providing wifi to LaVista owners. Also, after comparing inboxes, some of the emails did not reach the gmail inbox. Hope this helps.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/14/2015 04:10 PM

Whoops! When I logged in a second time to check reliability I got the same access denial message. Don't know how I got through the first time. See if others have the same issue.

Re: Verizon email blocked - 02/23/2015 04:12 AM

Just returned from SXM, I had no problem getting my web based email (fastmail.fm email service) to my phone (Verizon phone service, but had on airplane mode and used wifi at hotel to access). Just in case anyone is headed down and wondering! Great trip, beautiful sun, but crazy windy and rough waves.
Posted By: filet2u2

Re: Verizon email blocked - 03/02/2015 12:36 AM

I doubt there is a cell service there I bought the data package from verizon and never am I able to use it. I use the WIFI from the hotel and when we go out to eat..

Re: Verizon email blocked - 03/02/2015 01:44 AM

Lately I have had no problem logging in to my Verizon email account, especially after 7pm. Maybe Verizon has changed their policy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline